Senior Quality Assurance Specialist
Sapient Consulting | Public Sector is looking for people who – simply put – are driven to make a difference.
By solving some of today’s toughest challenges, our teams are helping to transform the government in the areas of business, technology and marketing. Working at Public Sector, you will be in an environment that fosters growth and creativity, demands openness and client-focused delivery, and celebrates initiative and innovation.
The chance to bring your ideas and new thinking to today’s challenges and work in a truly unique work environment is now – it’s at Sapient Consulting | Public Sector.
This person would be responsible for defining the overall testing strategy, designing test suites and supporting overall application compliance. This individual will be responsible for planning, managing, maintaining, coordinating and executing the test scripts for complex, multi-tier applications.
- Create automation test framework using open source tools like Selenium
- Have experience with Cucumber or other Rest Assured BDD frameworks to integrate open source tools for automated testing
- Create automation scripts using Selenium Web Driver, Appium/ ExperiTest, Jenkins and Maven and perform regression testing
- Prepare test plan documents and write test procedures
- Implement test plans within current guidelines by analyzing project requirement documents. Review project documentation for all assigned projects to ensure that the project requirements are clearly defined.
- Designs, develops, tests, maintains and executes reusable test automation scripts across different test environments for consistency. Ability to execute test cases manually (if needed) based on business requirements.
- To fulfill this role, the individual applies appropriate automation technologies to meet the short and long term goals of the testing organization.
- Coordinate regression test automation activities across all supported applications
- Work with requirements teams to define test cases and maintain traceability
- Report defects and escalate issues as needed
- Work closely with software development team to reproduce and debug issues.
- Demonstrate ownership and accountability through self-directed task management
- Motivated team player, with very strong analytical, diagnostic and debugging skills
- Ability to lead a team of 2-4 testers
- Estimate tasks and present plans to project leadership
- Good oral communication and writing skills.
Requirements and Experience Guidelines:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Legal Permanent Resident
- Eligible for U.S. Government Clearance.
- Minimum 4 years of hands-on experience with test automation tools (e.g. HP Quality Center, Quick Test Professional (QTP), Selenium)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with using tools like Appium, Cucumber framework, Rest Assured BDD frameworks, Jenkins and Maven
- Minimum 4 years overall testing and quality assurance experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Performance testing, formulating performance test strategies and setting up VM’s for performance testing.
- Minimum of 2 years of mobile testing. Experience using Saucelabs cloud hosted infrastructure is desired.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with JMeter
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and experience working in agile / iterative SDLC environments
- QA test automation for web-based platforms.
- Work with applications designed / developed with Java and WCMS technologies like Drupal, SharePoint 2013 and Sitecore
- Ability to excel in team oriented environment.
- Able to work independently and in a fast paced environment
- Adheres to development standards, software development lifecycle processes
- Constantly seeks ways to improve processes for increased agility and quality
- Bachelor’s degree required from college or University
About Sapient Consulting | Public Sector
Sapient Consulting | Public Sector, part of Publicis.Sapient, is a leading provider of strategy, technology, and marketing services to a wide array of U.S. governmental agencies. Focused on driving long-term change and transforming the citizen experience, we use technology to help agencies become more accessible and transparent. With a track record of delivering mission-critical solutions and the ability to leverage commercial best practices, we serve as trusted advisors to government agencies, such as the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Library of Congress, National Institutes of Health, United States Department of Health and Human Services, and United States Department of Homeland Security. For more information, visit http://www.sapientgov.com.
*Reasonable accommodations will be made as necessary for the known physical or mental disability of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the operation of the Company’s business.
Sapient US is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants to Sapient US will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.