Senior Associate Web Developer
Sapient Consulting | Public Sector is looking for people who – simply put – are driven to make a difference.
By solving some of today’s toughest challenges, our teams are helping to transform the government in the areas of business, technology and marketing. Working at Public Sector, you will be in an environment that fosters growth and creativity, demands openness and client-focused delivery, and celebrates initiative and innovation.
The chance to bring your ideas and new thinking to today’s challenges and work in a truly unique work environment is now – it’s at Sapient Consulting | Public Sector.
We are looking for a self-motivated candidate who can quickly turn visual design and wireframes into functional pages and contribute to idea generation and development. Turn-around time is usually short and fast paced. You will work very closely with others in the user experience team, especially designers and information architects; coming up with new ideas and ways to implement their designs
Qualified applicants must be detail-oriented, result-driven individuals who work well within team environments and have good interpersonal skills, as well as good client interaction skills.
- Assess existing sites/properties for usefulness, usability, visual design, content, and branding (with guidance and oversight).
- Lead participatory design/user testing sessions (with oversight and direction).
- Identify and document meaningful patterns from the findings; provide recommendations to the client/internal team based on findings.
- Utilize low-fidelity, medium-fidelity, and high-fidelity prototypes across the different stages of the design.
- Develop personas/segmentation based on research findings (with guidance and oversight).
- Create engaging scenarios and develop frameworks describing key aspects of a proposed experience, and how it reconciles business and user needs.
- Create visually compelling representations of the solution's high-level interaction, navigation, and organization design (i.e., concept models).
- Develop visual representations of the organizational structure, hierarchy, and relationships of screens in a site (i.e., site maps) as well as the interactions between the user and the functional modules in the solution (with guidance and oversight).
- Develop screen details (i.e., wireframes) depicting all elements on a unique screen type, including the content, functional, and navigation specifications (with guidance and oversight).
- Communicate effectively with creative user experience team and technical development team.
- Ensure we meet all 508 accessibility requirements.
- Translate visual designs into completed HTML pages while strictly adhering to design specifications.
- Implement front-end structure and standards.
- Work closely with back-end developers to ensure the integrity of the UI throughout the development life-cycle.
- Ensure cross-browser compatibility and resolve bugs where required.
- Identify tools, templates, and techniques that evolve existing approaches for the larger Creative Design community at Sapient.
- Based on functional specifications, optimize development for User Experience.
Requirements and Experience Guidelines:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Legal Permanent Resident
- Eligible for U.S. Government Clearance.
- 2+ years of industry experience.
- Expert in at least one popular scripting languages (PHP, Python)
- Experience working with responsive web designs and mobile web sites is desired
- Candidates must be versed in user-centered design methods and techniques.
- Excellent analytical and process-oriented skills.
- Prior experience in a consulting firm or agency preferred.
- Has done cross-browser development and testing
- Experience with Wireframes and Proof-of-concept mockups
- Ability to learn new UI technologies quickly
- Experience in developing standards-based, CSS-driven, table-less layouts.
- Knowledge of Section 508 standards and compliance
- Understanding of SEO and accessibility issues as they relate to the front-end.
- Graphics manipulation/optimization skills using Photoshop, Illustrator. etc.
- Graphics development, creating visual design comps skills using Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. a plus
- Experience working with portal technologies and/or back-end frameworks (Java, .NET) a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree required from college or University.
About Sapient Consulting | Public Sector
Sapient Consulting | Public Sector, part of Publicis.Sapient, is a leading provider of strategy, technology, and marketing services to a wide array of U.S. governmental agencies. Focused on driving long-term change and transforming the citizen experience, we use technology to help agencies become more accessible and transparent. With a track record of delivering mission-critical solutions and the ability to leverage commercial best practices, we serve as trusted advisors to government agencies, such as the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Library of Congress, National Institutes of Health, United States Department of Health and Human Services, and United States Department of Homeland Security. For more information, visit
*Reasonable accommodations will be made as necessary for the known physical or mental disability of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the operation of the Company’s business.Sapient US is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants to Sapient US will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status