Sapient Consulting | Public Sector is looking for people who – simply put – are driven to make a difference.
By solving some of today’s toughest challenges, our teams are helping to transform the government in the areas of business, technology and marketing. Working at Public Sector, you will be in an environment that fosters growth and creativity, demands openness and client-focused delivery, and celebrates initiative and innovation.
The chance to bring your ideas and new thinking to today’s challenges and work in a truly unique work environment is now – it’s at Sapient Consulting | Public Sector.
JOB TITLE – Database Developer - ORACLE / Senior Associate, Platform (DB)
Reports to: Program Manager
Location: Arlington, VA
Employee Status: Regular, Full time
Travel: < 5%
Start Date: Immediately
Clearance Requirement: Public Trust
The Database Developer is a member of the project team who takes responsibility for database architecture, design, and operations.
Qualified applicants must be detail-oriented, result-driven individuals who work well within team environments and have good interpersonal skills, as well as good client interaction skills.
- Develops and administers databases
- Works with technical team to define conceptual, logical and physical data models
- Learns and applies client data modeling standards
- Works with client database administrators to manage project Oracle 12c and greater databases
- Develop complex PL/SQL scripts to perform various database related tasks
- Recommends and takes action to solve database or business intelligence related problems.
- Advises service users of technical requirements, configurations, and limitations.
- Establishes and implements database policies, procedures, and standards and ensures their conformance with information systems objectives.
- Develops technical requirements and identifies solutions to meet the technical requirements.
- Reports on progress, risks, and issues.
- Identifies relevant data standards and federal regulatory requirements and configures the database to comply with those requirements
- Develops and reviews project documentation.
- Provides technical and analytical evaluations.
- Develops designs and scripts for the extraction, transformation, and loading of data from external sources.
- Develops conceptual and logical data models.
- Implements physical data models and maintains the data dictionary.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Legal Permanent Resident
- Eligible for U.S. Government Clearance.
- At least 6 years’ experience working with Oracle database systems.
- Track record of leading a small team of DB developers (2-4 members).
- Experience managing and delegating tasks to team members.
- Experience working in Jira.
- Strong PL/SQL skills
- Established track record of working effectively with other technical and nontechnical team members.
- Understanding of how technical issues impact the business requirements and the ability to clearly communicate this information to stakeholders.
- Ability to contribute to project planning and management as a lead member of a small, highly skilled, self-directed team.
- Ability to tailor project technical and operations management templates as required
- Strong problem identification and analytical skills.
- Creativity with an eye to developing new and innovative solutions.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, including the proven ability to adapt to a dynamic project environment and manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) with all stakeholders and at all levels of the organization, including senior management.
- Strong working knowledge of Oracle 12c (and greater)
- Bachelor’s Degree required from college or University
About Sapient Consulting | Public Sector
Sapient Consulting | Public Sector, part of Publicis.Sapient, is a leading provider of strategy, technology, and marketing services to a wide array of U.S. governmental agencies. Focused on driving long-term change and transforming the citizen experience, we use technology to help agencies become more accessible and transparent. With a track record of delivering mission-critical solutions and the ability to leverage commercial best practices, we serve as trusted advisors to government agencies, such as the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Library of Congress, National Institutes of Health, United States Department of Health and Human Services, and United States Department of Homeland Security. For more information, visit http://publicsector.sapientconsulting.com.
*Reasonable accommodations will be made as necessary for the known physical or mental disability of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the operation of the Company’s business.
Sapient US is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants to Sapient US will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.