Associate Linux Systems Administrator
Sapient Consulting | Public Sector is looking for people who – simply put – are driven to make a difference.
By solving some of today’s toughest challenges, our teams are helping to transform the government in the areas of business, technology and marketing. Working at Public Sector, you will be in an environment that fosters growth and creativity, demands openness and client-focused delivery, and celebrates initiative and innovation.
The chance to bring your ideas and new thinking to today’s challenges and work in a truly unique work environment is now – it’s at Sapient Consulting | Public Sector.
JOB TITLE – Associate Systems Administrator/ Associate Technology L2
Reports to: Program Manager
Location: Bethesda, MD
Employee Status: Regular, Full-time
Start Date: Immediately
Clearance Requirement: Eligible for Public Trust
The Associate, Technology will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual will participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual will ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to all applicable security regulations.
This individual will assist project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of development. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions.
Qualified applicants must be detail-oriented, result-driven individuals who can take ownership of a project and can work well without direct oversight. They must have good interpersonal skills, as well as good client interaction skills.
- Ability to maintain and setup complex environment, including Virtualization, Operating systems, Network and Storage
- Install, configure and support various Operating Systems - Redhat/CentOS Linux and Windows
- Develop and maintain detailed documentation, including installation, configuration and operations procedures.
- Ability to work with team in evolving application infrastructure architecture and make recommendations for improvements
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any potential problem or intrusions.
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies
- Provide Application deployment support and coordinate updates and changes within the Infrastructure
- Ability to understand the project’s needs and design various environments and components of those environments
Requirements & Experience Guidelines:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Legal Permanent Resident
- Eligible for U.S. Government Clearance at the Public Trust Level
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with System Administration for Linux/Unix servers
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with Virtualization technology, VMWare preferred
- Strong understanding of both networking and storage, including cisco switches/routers, NAS, SAN and NFS
- Strong understanding of Configuration Management technology, preferably Ansible
- Understanding of cloud related technologies and concepts, including AWS, Google and/or Azure
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Knowledge of web technologies, preferably Apache/Tomcat
- Understanding of backup and disaster recovery processes and configuration
- Familiar with SQL and / or experience with database technologies such as Postgresql or Microsoft SQL Server
- Strong troubleshooting skills to resolve Infrastructure related problems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field required
- Good understanding of all phases of Software Engineering (e.g. Requirements, Design, Implementation, Testing) and the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Good understanding of Continuous integration and DevOps practices
About Sapient Consulting | Public Sector
Sapient Consulting | Public Sector, part of Publicis.Sapient, is a leading provider of strategy, technology, and marketing services to a wide array of U.S. governmental agencies. Focused on driving long-term change and transforming the citizen experience, we use technology to help agencies become more accessible and transparent. With a track record of delivering mission-critical solutions and the ability to leverage commercial best practices, we serve as trusted advisors to government agencies, such as the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Library of Congress, National Institutes of Health, United States Department of Health and Human Services, and United States Department of Homeland Security. For more information, visit http://www.sapientgov.com.
*Reasonable accommodations will be made as necessary for the known physical or mental disability of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the operation of the Company’s business.
Sapient US is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants to Sapient US will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.