Business Requirements Analyst
Sapient Consulting | Public Sector is looking for people who – simply put – are driven to make a difference.
By solving some of today’s toughest challenges, our teams are helping to transform the government in the areas of business, technology and marketing. Working at Public Sector, you will be in an environment that fosters growth and creativity, demands openness and client-focused delivery, and celebrates initiative and innovation.
The chance to bring your ideas and new thinking to today’s challenges and work in a truly unique work environment is now – it’s at Sapient Consulting | Public Sector.
JOB TITLE – Business / Requirements analyst/ Senior Associate Business Consulting
Reports to: Program Manager
Location: Rockville, MD; Arlington, VA
Employee Status: Full-time
Start Date: Immediately
Clearance Requirement: Public Trust
Selected individual will serve as a requirements analyst and will provide requirements management, technology landscape analysis, product assessment, system design documentation, user guides and training support for an enterprise-wide content management system migration project, as well as support a wide variety of other projects.
- Work with a multi-functional team (including project leads, information architects, user experience experts, designers, etc.) to elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, event lists, business analysis, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis, and/or viewpoints for an enterprise-wide content management system.
- Decompose high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements and quality assurance metrics, specified in an appropriate level of detail suitable for use by those who must base their work on the requirements (such as development and QA teams).
- Define quality attributes, external interfaces, constraints, and other nonfunctional requirements.
- Lead requirements analysis and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable, and that they conform to standards. Technical requirements artifacts to assist the development and QA team’s understanding of requirements implementation and
- Maintain functional and technical standards for testing (requirements traceability matrix, business cases, acceptance criteria, etc.)
- Identify ways to assist product management in product planning through requirements development and analysis. Propose new product features and updates.
- Use research and analysis to identify emerging approaches, technology, and solutions that can be leveraged in the implementation of identified requirements.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative analysis of internal and external Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) and Government-Off-The-Shelf (GOTS) products that can be leveraged in the implementation of identified requirements.
Requirements and Experience Guidelines:
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience; consulting experience is a plus
- Experience performing current and future state analysis for IT systems
- Interviewing skills, to talk with individuals and groups about their needs and ask the right questions to surface essential requirements information
- Listening skills, to understand what people say and to detect what they might be hesitant to say.
- Analytical skills, to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements
- Facilitation skills, to lead requirements elicitation workshops
- Observational skills, to validate data obtained via other techniques and expose new areas for elicitation
- Strong writing skills, to communicate information effectively to customers, marketing, managers, and technical staff
- Ability to create documentation that is leveled for both business and technical users
- Organizational skills, to work with the vast array of information gathered during elicitation and analysis and to cope with rapidly changing information
- Interpersonal skills, to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among project stakeholders (such as customers, product management, and engineering)
- Modeling skills, to represent requirements information in graphical forms that augment textual representations in natural language, including using modeling languages already established in the development organization.
- An understanding of contemporary requirements elicitation, analysis, specification, verification, and management practices and the ability to apply them in practice; familiarity with requirements engineering books and resources
- An understanding of how to practice requirements engineering according to several software development life cycles in a team environment
- Knowledge of software development life-cycle practices, principles, and techniques
- Knowledge of standard research and analysis methodologies, frameworks, and techniques
- Previous knowledge or experience with Web Content Management Systems (not required, but any experience with WCMS is a plus)
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Legal Permanent Resident
- Eligible for U.S. Government Clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree required from college or University
About Sapient Consulting | Public Sector
Sapient Consulting | Public Sector, part of Publicis.Sapient, is a leading provider of strategy, technology, and marketing services to a wide array of U.S. governmental agencies. Focused on driving long-term change and transforming the citizen experience, we use technology to help agencies become more accessible and transparent. With a track record of delivering mission-critical solutions and the ability to leverage commercial best practices, we serve as trusted advisors to government agencies, such as the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Library of Congress, National Institutes of Health, United States Department of Health and Human Services, and United States Department of Homeland Security. For more information, visit http://publicsector.sapientconsulting.com.
*Reasonable accommodations will be made as necessary for the known physical or mental disability of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the operation of the Company’s business.
Sapient US is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants to Sapient US will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.