Senior Information Architect
Sapient Consulting | Public Sector is looking for people who – simply put – are driven to make a difference.
By solving some of today’s toughest challenges, our teams are helping to transform the government in the areas of business, technology and marketing. Working at Public Sector, you will be in an environment that fosters growth and creativity, demands openness and client-focused delivery, and celebrates initiative and innovation.
The chance to bring your ideas and new thinking to today’s challenges and work in a truly unique work environment is now – it’s at Sapient Consulting | Public Sector.
JOB TITLE – Senior Information architect/ Sr. Information Architect
Reports to: Program Manager
Location: Arlington, VA
Employee Status: Full-time
Start Date: Immediately
Clearance Requirement: Public Trust
Senior Information Architect is responsible for supporting the strategy and development of creative concepts; defining best practices for the navigation, organization, interaction design, and business/user process engineering for leading-edge Marketing and Web solutions.
He/she supports the Creative Lead role on an engagement and is responsible for collaborating with a team of creative people ranging from developers, IA, copywriters to designers. He/she also works and collaborates with account, media, strategist, and research as a part of the creative process.
- Information Architecture
- Assess an existing site/property for usefulness, usability, visual design, content, and branding.
- Articulate objectives to guide the development of evaluation criteria.
- Identify strategic opportunities for competitive advantage based on findings.
- Support participatory design/user testing sessions.
- Present findings to clients.
- Provide recommendations to cross-functional teams based on findings.
- Lead participatory requirements gathering sessions and manage debrief process.
- Lead stakeholder interviews, including: conducting, preparing notes, and analyzing findings to understand key success factors for a project or pursuit.
- Facilitate user scenario planning sessions with both internal team and clients.
- Develop personas/segmentations based on research findings;
- User Experience & Interactive Design
- Drive the development of frameworks that describe key aspects of a proposed experience, and how it reconciles business and user needs.
- Create visually compelling representations of the solution's high- level interaction, navigation, and organization design (i.e., concept models).
- Create (and support the development of) comprehensive sitemaps for large-scale solutions.
- Execute comprehensive process flows / screen flows for large-scale solutions.
- Create (and support the development of) comprehensive wireframe systems for large-scale solutions. Present deliverables to clients.
- Visual Design
- Support designers in the application of color, typography, photography selection, organizing elements and usability.
- Collaborate and works closely with other disciplines to ensure executions are meeting business objectives and criteria.
- Defend and provide rationalization for design choices to clients.
- Coordinate project schedules amongst the UX/Creative track
- Respond to UI demands as project requirements change
Requirements and Experience Guidelines:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Legal Permanent Resident
- Eligible for U.S. Government Clearance.
- Knowledge of standards compliant markup and code; XHTML and CSS2/CSS3.
- Knowledge of the Agency culture and processes.
- Experience building government websites and complex web applications
- Understanding of designing for 508 compliance
- Experience in UI design for complex task-oriented web applications
- Experience in working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficient in: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Visio, Microsoft Office.
- Excellent analytical and process-oriented skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Experience in working on multiple projects or tracks of work simultaneously
- Ability to work collaboratively on multi-disciplinary teams
- Bachelor’s Degree required from college or University
About Sapient Consulting | Public Sector
Sapient Consulting | Public Sector, part of Publicis.Sapient, is a leading provider of strategy, technology, and marketing services to a wide array of U.S. governmental agencies. Focused on driving long-term change and transforming the citizen experience, we use technology to help agencies become more accessible and transparent. With a track record of delivering mission-critical solutions and the ability to leverage commercial best practices, we serve as trusted advisors to government agencies, such as the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Library of Congress, National Institutes of Health, United States Department of Health and Human Services, and United States Department of Homeland Security. For more information, visit http://publicsector.sapientconsulting.com.
*Reasonable accommodations will be made as necessary for the known physical or mental disability of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the operation of the Company’s business.
Sapient US is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants to Sapient US will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.