Senior Information Architect Content Strategist
Sapient Consulting | Public Sector is looking for people who – simply put – are driven to make a difference.
By solving some of today’s toughest challenges, our teams are helping to transform the government in the areas of business, technology and marketing. Working at Public Sector, you will be in an environment that fosters growth and creativity, demands openness and client-focused delivery, and celebrates initiative and innovation.
The chance to bring your ideas and new thinking to today’s challenges and work in a truly unique work environment is now – it’s at Sapient Consulting | Public Sector.
JOB TITLE – SENIOR Information architect/Content Strategist/ Senior Information Architect
Reports to: Program Manager
Location: Rockville, MD; Arlington, VA
Employee Status: Full-time
Start Date: Immediately
Clearance Requirement: Public Trust
The Senior Information Architect (IA) is responsible for defining the strategy and development of creative concepts, guiding the development of content, and applying best practices for the navigation, organization, interaction design, and business/user process engineering for leading-edge digital solutions.
The Senior IA is responsible for collaborating with a team of creative team members ranging from developers, IAs, and copywriters to designers. He/she also works and collaborates with project managers, strategists, and user researchers as a part of the creative process.
- Information Architecture
- Assess an existing site/property for usefulness, usability, visual design, content, and branding.
- Facilitate user scenario planning sessions with both internal team and clients.
- Develop audience analyses, personas, and user journey mappings.
- Articulate goals and objectives to guide the development of a metrics plan.
- Lead participatory design/user testing sessions and requirements gathering sessions and present analysis to clients.
- Content Strategy
- Build collaborative relationships with web content contributors and assist them in making their content digital-ready according to site standards.
- Apply meta data to new and existing content according to style guides.
- Analyze content for search engine optimization improvements.
- Enter content into content management system (CMS).
- Review content to provide detailed guidance for CMS.
- Develop content and present copy to clients, working through review cycles.
- User Experience & Interactive Design
- Drive the development of frameworks that describe key aspects of a proposed experience, and how it reconciles business and user needs.
- Create visually compelling representations of the solution's high-level interaction, navigation, and organization design (i.e., concept models).
- Create comprehensive sitemaps and process flows / screen flows for large-scale solutions.
- Create comprehensive wireframe systems for large-scale solutions.
- Present deliverables to clients.
- Support designers in the application of color, typography, photography selection, organizing elements and usability.
- Collaborate and work closely with other disciplines to ensure execution is meeting business objectives and criteria.
- Defend and provide rationalization for design choices to clients.
- Provide estimates for tasks to contribute to the creation of the project schedule.
- Respond to demands as project requirements change.
- Document and communicate decision making process for recommendations/analysis.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Legal Permanent Resident
- Eligible for U.S. Government Clearance.
- Experience with content-heavy government websites and complex web applications
- Understanding of designing for 508 compliance
- Experience in working on multiple projects simultaneously, in an agile development process.
- Proficient in: InDesign, Axure, Photoshop, Visio, Microsoft Office.
- Excellent analytical and process-oriented skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Experience in working on multiple projects or tracks of work simultaneously
- Ability to work collaboratively on multi-disciplinary teamsEducation:
- Bachelor’s Degree required from college or University
About Sapient Consulting | Public Sector
Sapient Consulting | Public Sector, part of Publicis.Sapient, is a leading provider of strategy, technology, and marketing services to a wide array of U.S. governmental agencies. Focused on driving long-term change and transforming the citizen experience, we use technology to help agencies become more accessible and transparent. With a track record of delivering mission-critical solutions and the ability to leverage commercial best practices, we serve as trusted advisors to government agencies, such as the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Library of Congress, National Institutes of Health, United States Department of Health and Human Services, and United States Department of Homeland Security. For more information, visit http://publicsector.sapientconsulting.com.
*Reasonable accommodations will be made as necessary for the known physical or mental disability of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the operation of the Company’s business.
Sapient US is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants to Sapient US will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.