Engineering Manager, Operations
At Olo we develop an online food ordering platform used by many of the country’s largest restaurant chains, reaching millions of consumers. Our platform is our lifeblood, and we take great pride in the performance and availability that enables hungry people to order their food fast.
While Olo encourages an operational “You build it, you run it” mindset in all of our engineers, our Operations Team is developing specific expertise in cloud hosting, database performance, and cybersecurity that enables them to serve as a resource for all Olo engineers. The Olo Operations Team manages shared infrastructure, builds automated tools that support the build and deploy pipeline, and serves the broader team with their domain expertise.
In the role of Engineering Operations Manager, you will oversee our Operations Team, and in so doing play a significant and visible role in helping us scale one of the most advanced food ordering platforms in the restaurant industry. You will guide day-to-day priorities, shepherd key infrastructure projects, and help us develop the operational expertise that take us through our next wave of growth. As a servant leader, your focus will be on facilitating team progress, hiring and developing engineering talent, and ensuring that our systems are ready to support emerging business priorities.
This is a full-time position reporting into our SVP of Engineering at Olo’s headquarters in New York City’s Financial District.
- Deep knowledge of hosted web application infrastructure in a mixed Windows and Linux environment
- Experience with one or more cloud-hosting environments, with a working knowledge of Amazon Web Services
- Operational experience with a 24x7 Internet-based SaaS platform
- Working knowledge of Windows Server, IIS, SQL Server, and Linux administration
- Expert knowledge of secure operational concerns
- Experience configuring firewalls, VPNs and load balancers, both hardware and virtual
- Competent at scripting in Powershell, Python, F# or similar
- Experience with a DevOps operational model
- At least 3 years managing software service operations teams
- Demonstrated ability to build and mentor a high performance team
- Ability to translate business priorities into viable technology initiatives, and deliver
- Strong English writing and verbal communication skills
- Legal right to work in the U.S.
Olo reaches millions of consumers by powering mobile and online ordering for many of the country’s largest restaurant chains. Mobile ordering and payments is an exciting and active industry full of interesting players and yet still a relatively untapped market ripe for disruption.
We’re quite up-front about the technical challenges our business faces. Running a platform with multiple white-labeled front-ends, that maintains real-time connections into thousands of restaurants’ POS systems, and coordinates complex transactions between these and other third parties (such as payment gateways and gift card providers) is not for the faint of heart!
Olo is located at 26 Broadway in the historic Standard Oil Building, the former home of John D. Rockefeller. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like FitBits, rotating craft beers on tap in our kitchen, and food events featuring our clients' menu items (now you know why we give out FitBits!). Check out our culture map: https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.