Data Insights Analyst, Partner Product
HomeAway, based in Austin, Texas, is the world leader in vacation rentals with more than 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries, and is a part of the Expedia, Inc. family of brands.
HomeAway offers an extensive selection of vacation rental homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online.
Do you love analysis? Really love analysis? How about vacations, do you love vacations too? Do you want a job where you can swipe right for both analysis and vacations? The Product Insights Analyst is someone who is passionate about learning the business and using data, technology and analytics to provide valuable insights to drive the company’s critical business decisions.
Challenges to work on:
- Measure the impact of our partner products on conversion and revenue
- Influence the product team to make data driven decisions
- Complete exploratory deep dives in to data to find ways to optimize the partner experience
- Craft and present complex business case studies
- Develop, run and monitor A/B tests
- Build comprehensive dashboards
- Be a HomeAway data guru - be the point of contact for all data questions and insights
- Partner with product managers and internal teams to address complex business questions and provide insightful analysis and strategic recommendations through strong storytelling capabilities to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Turn data-based observations and insights into hypotheses through analytical rigor, leading to A/B tests that will confirm or deny those hypotheses and ultimately improve the performance of our sites
- Take ownership, from definition to reporting, of the metrics related to the product that you support
- Monitor engagement and conversion trends across the HomeAway worldwide network, identify breaks in trends, understand underlying drivers, and surface opportunities and threats
- Develop product analysis advanced metrics and visuals, by collecting and integrating data from various sources, including web analytics tools and internal databases
- Take initiative in solving business questions that data could potentially answer by producing top down data driven solutions to address them
- Strong product development mindset and focus on actionable analytics: e.g. Ability to surface signals in our data and work with Product/Engineering to transform these into concrete tests
- Proven experience using relational databases and big data via writing performant queries in SQL against large datasets in EDW, AWS and Hadoop environments
- Understanding of Clickstream data and ability to extract and analyze event data
- Creative, global thinker & team player
- Strong SQL skills are required (MSSL, BQ, Hive)
- Strong skills in Tableau, R, Python required for data analysis, structuring, transforming and visualizing
- Statistical knowledge and modeling is an added bonus
Background and Experience:
- Bachelor's in an analytical field and 5+years of experience OR Master’s and 3+years of experience
- Ability to work independently with high-level direction, willingness to engage with partners across many disciplines
- Proficient at analyzing and interpreting data to while also acting as a mentor to other analysts from other internal teams
- Consistent ability to produce quality, accurate and highly detailed work products
- Experience in a relevant area – travel, ecommerce, or real estate is a strong plus
- Inquisitive and curious minds only need to apply
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.”