You’ll become a expert in all areas of the product. You’ll troubleshoot potential bugs, document feature requests and collaborate with the rest of the team to help elevate the voice of the customer at Help Scout. We won’t overburden you with quotas, empty policies, or unnecessary procedures. Doing what’s in the best interest of the customer is at the heart of what we do. We’ll give you plenty of support to simply do what’s right, no questions asked.
We use the Support-Driven Growth model to create a company environment that puts the customer’s needs first as we expand. Sustainable growth for Help Scout is a byproduct of putting our customers and their needs first. The Customers team at Help Scout is a vocal and respected advocate for the customer, and we value strong collaboration with other teams, including Engineering and Product, Marketing, and People Ops. We care about your career development as a support professional. We’ll make sure you’re developing skills and knowledge that will serve you for years to come.Just the facts
- This is a full-time, remote position. You’re someone who thrives working autonomously and don’t need much(if any) oversight to get things done.
- This job is Monday-Friday, 9a-5pm in your timezone - for this role, we’re looking for someone within timezones UTC-7 and UTC-12.
- We’re offering between $70,000-$81,000 USD per year for this role, depending on your prior experience.
- You value good old fashioned work ethic, day in and day out. You take initiative and ownership to see things through to completion. If it needs doing, you do it.
- You aren’t scared of a challenge. When you don’t know something, you embrace the chance to grow and get better. Former teammates and managers would call you resilient and balanced.
- We work together as a team, and that means we encourage each other to improve as a team. You are self-sufficient and love the challenge of solving problems and learning new things.
- You have some experience working in Support or Success. You’re passionate about support and the important role it plays in a company, and you’re excited to build a customer-centric career.
- You welcome an environment where you can do great work independently.
- You’re patient, an active listener, and you’re naturally curious with a strong desire to learn.
- You’re an incredible communicator, fluent in written English.Your writing is clear and simple.
- Your empathy and self-awareness help you intuitively and proactively solve potential customer troubles. You’re a problem solver who goes out of their way to help people - always.
- Competitive Salary - We pay at or above market salary in most cases and evaluate a lot of research to make sure everyone is paid well. The formula we use to calculate all salaries is public to employees and is improved upon regularly.
- Health and dental insurance - We cover you and your family's health/dental insurance 100%. If you are based in the US, we'll cover you on our Aetna policy. If you're based outside the US, we offer a healthcare stipend.
- Long-term/Short-term Disability Insurance & Life Insurance - We cover 100% of the premiums for LT/ST Disability insurance and base Life Insurance. You also have the option to purchase supplementary life insurance through our provider. (currently US only)
- Flexible vacation - Take time off when you need it, we trust you.
- Paid parental leave, including adoption and foster care - 12 weeks for primary caretaker and 4 weeks for secondary caretaker.
- 401k with 1% match - via Betterment for Business (currently US only)
- Personal Development stipend - Up to $1,800 per year to improve your craft
- Great tools - Each employee will be provided with a Mac laptop and 27'' display (or equivalent equipment of choice).
- Home Office Stipend - You'll also receive $1,000 to spend on outfitting your home office, as well as up to $350 a month to rent a co-working space if you like.
- Complete transparency - Everyone has full access to business metrics and financial information about the company.
fair pay, recognition,
respect and yoga pants.
Sign up for our weekly remote work round-up newsletter and have new openings from companies that care delivered right to your inbox.