FPGA Section Manager
This opening is to fill a Section Manager role for the Radar & EW Processing Products Department of the Hardware Engineering Center within Raytheon’s Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) business based in Dallas, TX. The position will be based in Goleta, CA. The Section Manager’s primary responsibility is to ensure that the work performed by those in the section is done on schedule, on budget, and right the first time; included in this is the responsibility to provide enabling tools and processes for effective and efficient execution of technical work. The Section Manager’s responsibilities also include business development and growth, staffing and retention, and career development for those working in the section. The Section Manager will interact frequently with team leads and Chief Engineers to ensure that the section is meeting the needs of its internal and external customers and the Electronics Center. Three quarters of the Section Manager's time will be devoted to direct work on programs, as an Integrated Product Team Lead (IPTL), individual contributor, technical reviewer, etc. The Section Manager will need to be an effective communicator, leader, and decision maker as well as a strong advocate for process improvement, diversity in the work force, and high professional standards. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
The candidate is responsible for developing FPGA level requirements derived from system level requirements, developing associated architectures, implementing design, performing simulations and analysis and testing of the FPGA, module, and/or unit in a laboratory setting. He/she will be familiar with latest technology trend in the area of microprocessor, memory, FPGA and interface protocols. The candidate will work in the product development team environment with system and software engineers. This position may require occasional business related travel.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in digital hardware design and testing, or 8 years with a related Master’s degree
- Experience with microprocessor, FPGAs, high-speed transceivers, DDR and flash memories, block diagrams, parts lists and design review packages for complex electronics
- FPGA timing closure experience, floor planning experience, pin planning experience
- Hands-on experience in testing of products using logic analyzer, high-speed oscilloscopes, signal generators, and FPGA debugging tools
- Experience with interfaces and bus standards such as: VME, PCI, PCIe, VPX, and Gb Ethernet
- Skills in self verifying test bench design
- Experience designing with Xilinx and/or Altera FPGAs
- Minimum 8 years of experience with FPGA design implementation/verification with VHDL design language
- Leadership traits, mentoring abilities, team leadership experience
- Possess skills to handle fast pace and dynamic product development environment
- Strong team player with good interpersonal skills as well as excellent written/verbal communication skills
- U.S. Citizenship with an active Secret Clearance
- At least eight years of professional Electrical Engineering (EE) experience, with at least four years of directly applicable experience in EW Digital Signal Processing design, integration, test, and support
- Proposal experience including cost estimation and BOE generation for EE tasking related to Radar Sensor Systems
- Thorough familiarity with the life cycle of government-contracted high-tech products from bidding through product development and production/depot support
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment
- Project management skills including project scheduling and tracking (Microsoft Project, IMP/IMS) and EVMS.
- Experience developing electronic products for military use
- At least two years of engineering leadership experience
- Expertise with RTL (VHDL/Verilog) languages
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
Desired Education: Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment 110843Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Relocation Eligible :Yes
Clearance Type :Secret - Current
Expertise :Electrical Engineering-Hardware Engineering
Type Of Job :Full Time
Work Location:CA - Goleta
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.