Senior Power Electrical Engineer II
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
This is a position in El Segundo for a senior I power supply design engineer in the Hardware Electronics Center of Raytheon’s Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) business unit to design and develop power conversion technologies for space and airborne military applications.
- 6+plus years hand-on experience and working with switching power converters
- Applicant must have knowledge with designing and testing of DC-DC Converters
- Applicant must be able to move from concept to architecture to design
- Applicant must be able to generate requirement documents, schematics, and board routing instructions
- Requires knowledge of multiple conversion topologies (Flyback, Forward, Push-Pull, Phase-Shifted-Full-Bridge, etc) and the ability to simulate and model designs
- Knowledge of SPICE simulation tools is a must
- Applicant must also know how to develop test plans, procedures and test solutions
- Understanding and working knowledge and characteristics of magnetics (including inductor/transformer modeling), magnetization inductance, magnetization current, leakage inductance, intra-winding and inter-winding capacitance, self-resonant frequency, characteristics and limitations of magnetic cores, core saturation, core loss, high frequency losses, core reset, winding techniques for optimization of desired magnetics, and design of current transformers.
- Applicant must be able to facilitate and work with assemblers
- Applicant must be able to work in collaboration with multi-discipline team environment
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Desired Skills:Technical leadership skill and working knowledge of Earned Value Management methods are also highly desired. Patents and publications are also a plus. Able to work independently and team effort environments.
Knowledge of the Mentor Expedition/DxDesigner and analysis suite a plus
Minimum BS in Electrical Engineering
Master or PhD. in Electrical Engineering in the field of power electronics
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.