The Manufacturing Liaison assists the Program Operations Manager to plan, track, and manage all aspects of the development program. The Manufacturing Liaison should have an understanding of the production organization including manufacturing and transition to production related policies and procedures.
The Manufacturing Liaison will perform activities in and serve as liaison between a variety of cross-functional areas including design engineering, program office, production planning and control, total quality management, systems, manufacturing, equipment and facilities engineering, material management, and process reengineering.
- Plan and coordinate Transition to Production (TTP) tasking to meet all program gate reviews
- Interact with internal and external customers with respect to production planning and problem resolution
- Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for interventions and problem solving with program managers, factory managers, and customers
- Assures through contacts with outside departments that proper inventory balances are maintained, that quality is within acceptable standards, and that production goals are met
- Will identify and pursue cost reduction initiatives (CRIs)
- Participates as a team member for the program metrics team
- Understanding and use of the Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
- Supports development and presentation of Estimates at Complete (EAC)
- Supports Bid and Proposal activities
- Supports IPDS Gate activities
- Generates / validates staffing plans
- Supports the Configuration Implementation Board (CIB), Problem Investigation Requests (PIR), Failure Review Board (FRB) and program Tech Teams
- All other duties as assigned
The Manufacturing Liaison is required to possess a range of leadership and interpersonal skills. The incumbent must have demonstrated the following skills:
- 5+ years of experience in engineering or operations with strong organizational, planning, and execution skills
- Effective communicator, able to build strong relationships and work with personnel at all organizational levels
- Strong analytical skills and ability to use data and information to convey a concise message to team members, leadership, and other relevant parties
- Competence in managing projects and meeting deadlines with demonstrated initiative, persistence, and creativity in problem solving
- Familiarity with scheduling and Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) systems
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required
- U.S. Citizenship
- Ability to Obtain U.S. Security Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date
- Computer proficiency and demonstrated ability to learn new software applications
- Strategic and visionary planning, develop relationships and achieve buy-in from all relevant parties
- Ability and desire to learn and grow skills with a goal of taking on a greater level of responsibility in the future
Required Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Management or equivalent degree
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
109943Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.