EW Systems Architect
Raytheon Electronic Warfare (EW) Systems is seeking a Systems Architect for current and future EW systems. The role includes creating architectural models utilizing SYSML & UML, performing trade studies, performance analysis, requirements flow down, requirements management, developing test strategy, writing test plans, reviewing test data and preparing for design reviews/presentations to customers. The Systems Architect will interface daily with the Lead Systems Engineer and functional designers to ensure the architecture model is driving the design and representing the real time architecture of the system.
• The Systems Architect is responsible for creation and maintenance of the systems model.
• The Systems Architect guides and directs other functions through architectural decisions and trades.
• The Systems Architect provides architectural input to all decisions impacting product integrity, system performance,
and system functionality.
• The Systems Architect participates in program architecture review boards.
• The Systems Architect will ensure Lead Systems Engineer and Management receive timely and relevant
• The Systems Architect supports coordination across program engineering throughout the entire product life cycle.
Fosters “systems” thinking across the various technical disciplines.
• U.S. Citizenship
• Current Secret Clearance
• Minimum 8 years related experience.
• Experience with UML, UPDM, or SYSML
• Experience with EW Systems
• Experience with DODAF, TOGAF, or SYSMOD
• System level architecture & modeling experience
• Expertise with requirements generation, analysis & definition
• Experience in deploying a rigorous Integrated Product Development Process
• Effective interface with senior-level leaders (Internal/External), end users, and contractors in a diverse team setting.
• Understanding & wide application of technical theories & concepts in the EW field
• Experience and Proven Track record in System and Subsystem Integration.
• Executing task based work assignments with standard software development tools & Tracking tools such as NoMagic,
Rhapsody, and DOORS
• Works independently, determines & develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion by program
Lead Systems Engineer in meeting program objectives
• Mission & CONOPS analysis
• Experience with Zachman Framework for Enterprise Architecture, Federal Enterprise Architecture Framework, Federal
Enterprise Architecture Reference Models, or Software Engineering Institute’s Architecture Tradeoff Analysis Method
• OMG Certified Systems Modeling Professional
• Data Reduction and Data Analysis
• Familiarity with RF Emitters and related performance testing
• Experience performing system analysis of complex data processing systems & proven performance analysis skills, fault
isolation investigation skills in characterizing, monitoring & tuning data processing systems
• Successful Hardware development background including but not limited to RF, Processor, and/or Power Supply
Required Education (Including Major):
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, math, or science. Master’s degree (MS) preferred.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.108146Business Unit Profile
Go further. Outdo yourself. Set a mission and accomplish it with Raytheon. As a world-leading supplier of defense and aerospace systems, Raytheon is your partner for achieving professional success. Our Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is a world leader in integration systems and solutions for advanced missions.
As a Raytheon employee, you will enjoy comprehensive healthcare coverage including medical, prescription drug, vision and dental care, as well as Healthcare & Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts. Your financial well-being will be supported through our saving and investment plan, stock ownership plan, and retirement benefits. Moreover, we offer flexible work arrangements and provide various other forms of employee assistance.
- Discover a place where your aspirations match your goals.
- Where talented people can make an impact.
- Where challenges are a daily occurrence and rewards always follow.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.