Senior Software Configuration Engineer
The candidate will provide Software Configuration Management (SWCM) related technical judgment and leadership for the Space & Airborne Systems (SAS) business area in El Segundo, CA. This candidate will ensure implementation of customer requirements in compliance with Raytheon and SAS policies.
The individual will be required to work closely with program offices, Chief Engineers, Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) other CM specialists, as well as both internal and external customers.
- The ideal candidate possesses the following skills and will be able to:
- Prepare Configuration Management planning documentation
- Coordinate and lead Configuration/Change Control Boards (CCBs)
- Manage the design, development and maintenance of SW development environments
- Manage levels of SW integration and segregation of code into branches
- Control, manage and integrate modules and components along with support work products
- Conduct and manage Build Readiness Reviews
- Automate builds through scripting with the ability to evaluate and optimize existing build SW scripts
- Automate and execute build verification testing
- Perform interim and release builds
- Deploy / install software and perform environment audits
- Perform post SW build verification
- Manage the SW change process and status accounting
- Generate SWCM metrics and perform audits of processes and policy compliance
- Provide continuous process improvements and user support
- Support bids and proposal activities as required
- Maintain product baselines
- Maintain configuration status accounting documentation
- Support customer reviews and audits
The candidate will also be required to communicate status to functional management, interface with other engineering disciplines and to work well in a team environment. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Minimum 6 years of working in an engineering environment
- Minimum of 2 years Configuration Management or related experience to include experience with at least one of the following toolsets: Synergy, ClearCase, or Rational Team Concert (RTC)Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- Strong knowledge of Source Control tools
- Full systems level knowledge of DoD Configuration Management principles and practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to obtain a Secret clearance
- US Citizenship
- Knowledge of related engineering disciplines, such as Systems. Hardware, Software, Test and Quality
- Experience working with production environments
- Experience with PDM/PLM tools (e.g. PTC Windchill)
- Active Secret clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science or related technical field
Business Unit Profile
Go further. Outdo yourself. Set a mission and accomplish it with Raytheon. As a world-leading supplier of defense and aerospace systems, Raytheon is your partner for achieving professional success. Our Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is a world leader in integration systems and solutions for advanced missions.
As a Raytheon employee, you will enjoy comprehensive healthcare coverage including medical, prescription drug, vision and dental care, as well as Healthcare & Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts. Your financial well-being will be supported through our saving and investment plan, stock ownership plan, and retirement benefits. Moreover, we offer flexible work arrangements and provide various other forms of employee assistance.
- Discover a place where your aspirations match your goals.
- Where talented people can make an impact.
- Where challenges are a daily occurrence and rewards always follow.
Integration & Test Engineering
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.