Sr Software Engineer II
The candidate will provide Software Configuration Management (SWCM) related technical judgement and leadership for the Space & Airborne Systems (SAS) business area in Fort Wayne, Indiana. This candidate will ensure implementation of customer requirements in compliance with Raytheon and SAS policies.
The individual will be required to work closely with program offices, Chief Engineers, Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) other CM specialists, as well as both internal and external customers.
The ideal candidate possesses the following skills and will be able to:
- Prepare Configuration Management planning documentation
- Coordinate and lead Configuration/Change Control Boards (CCBs)
- Manage the design, development and maintenance of SW development environments
- Manage levels of SW integration and segregation of code into branches
- Control, manage and integrate modules and components along with support work products
- Conduct and manage Build Readiness Reviews
- Automate builds through scripting with the ability to evaluate and optimize existing build SW scripts
- Automate and execute build verification testing
- Perform interim and release builds
- Deploy / install software and perform environment audits
- Perform post SW build verification
- Manage the SW change process and status accounting
- Generate SWCM metrics and perform audits of processes and policy compliance
- Provide continuous process improvements and user support
- Support bids and proposal activities as required
- Maintain product baselines
- Maintain configuration status accounting documentation
- Support customer reviews and audits
The candidate will also be required to communicate status to functional management, interface with other engineering disciplines and to work well in a team environment.
- Minimum 6 years of related work experience working in an engineering environment
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- Strong knowledge of Source Control / Change Control tools
- Strong systems level knowledge of DoD Configuration Management principles and practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance
- US Citizenship
- Experience with the following toolsets: ClearCase, Rational Team Concert (RTC), Synergy
- Knowledge of related engineering disciplines, such as Systems. Hardware, Software, Test and Quality
- Experience working with production environments
- Experience with PDM/PLM tools (e.g. PTC Windchill)
- Active Secret clearance
Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, science, math or related technical discipline
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.