GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook.
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
1. Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
2. Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
3. Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
4. Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
5. Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
6. Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
7. Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
8. As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
9. Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
10. Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
At least 2-3 years of experience to be able to Install, configure, evaluate, and analyze competitive and complementary technologies to compare and differentiate them with GitLab’s offerings and develop technical collateral such as demos, webinars, videos, competitive battle cards, ROI tools, and assist with customer Requests For Proposals (RFPs).
Train and enable sales and partner teams on a technical level to deeply understand GitLab features and capabilities of the product.
Represent GitLab as a technical evangelist at trade shows and customer meetings
Technical background or clear understanding of developer products.
3-5 years of experience in product marketing, preferably with experience in marketing to enterprise companies.
Able to coordinate across many teams and perform in fast-moving startup environment.
Excellent spoken and written English
You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
Applicants for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that applicants can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
-Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a screening call with one of our Global Recruiters.
-Candidates then may be offered a 45 minute interview with our Chief Marketing Officer
-Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a interview with the Senior Director of Marketing and Sales
-Candidates will then be invited to schedule 45 minute interviews with our Regional Sales Director of the US East Coast
-After, candidates may be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with the Vice President of Product
-Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a interview with the Chief Revenue Officer.
-Finally, our CEO may choose to conduct a final interview.
-Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email.