We are seeking an individual to lead our Digital Infrastructure Team within our Cloud Engineering organization. At HomeAway, our Digital, Cloud and Analytics organization’s vision is to enable employees with the data, platform, technology and science capabilities at a global scale for faster and better business decisions. We are taking the company through a data democratization phase and driving digital transformation with the right tools and data products using Cloud Platform.
What you’ll do:
If you love building local strategy and teams to solve global business problems at scale and enable every employee with data, technology, and science, this may be a superb opportunity for you.
You will have responsibility to develop local data, stream and analytics engineering teams and will lead the Digital Infrastructure team at HomeAway. This leader will have a demonstrated ability to create a vision, drive and lead the execution of that vision, and deliver extraordinary results while balancing and prioritizing efforts across strategy, leadership and operations. You will partner closely with various senior leaders in NA, India and EU regions under our CIO organization to execute on technology decisions to influence business and product decisions.
- Strategy & Planning:
- Act as an inspiring leader for technology-enabled business opportunities, in addition to partnering in the strategic planning, leading enterprise transformation through technology and evolving enterprise architectures.
- Develop and maintain an appropriate Digital Pipeline, Data Science, and Analytics capabilities that supports the business.
- Establish functional goals, objectives, and agile operating procedures.
- Demonstrate “Organizational Agility” by balancing the role of strategist with the ability to get outcomes in a timely manner.
- Technology & Operations:
- Effectively communicate plans and provide consultative advice, counsel, education and guidance up, down and across all levels on the development of data pipelines and analytics initiatives.
- Appropriately organize and present ideas, options, plans, initiatives, roadmaps, business cases and other pertinent information required by management to make effective decisions.
- Plan, develop, deploy and integrate innovative solutions that meet existing and future market/business needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, sustainability, and implementation schedules.
- Knowledge of Stream Platforms – Kafka, Flink, K-Streams, etc. BigData technologies – Hadoop, Hive, HBase, Spark, etc.
- People Leadership, Relationship Building and Partnership:
- Recruit and build high performing team of experienced managers, data/stream Engineers, data scientists, and analysts.
- Establish proactive, trusted, advisor culture within the organization that serves all areas of the business globally which includes product, retail, marketing, Customer Experience, Sales etc.
- Builds employee knowledge and skills in specific areas of expertise.
- Partnering with various levels of local business and product teams to leverage technology as a strategic enabler and driver of business performance and outcomes.
- Transformational Leadership – remaining focused, facilitating and evolving change in support of continual business performance improvement. You will direct data engineering, data science, analytics teams based in NA and India.
Who you are:
- Culture fit:
- A mature and focused character, able to work alongside the Tier-1 tech team.
- A strong awareness of both external and internal best practice perspectives, maintaining a balanced and fresh viewpoint.
- An entrepreneurial spirit to drive change and build a large business
- Significant energy and ability to function in an intense environment demonstrating initiative.
- A results driven manner, determined to achieve agreed goals, demonstrating significant decision-making capacity.
- An engaging, open, genuine personality that naturally encourages interaction with individuals at all levels.
- Absolute dedication to highest quality of work standards and ethics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline. Masters or MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of senior level leadership and management experience at fast paced global technology firms.
- Strong experience (10+ years) in building large-scale enterprise wide systems, tools, and technology solutions at scale.
- Proven ability to recruit, motivate and develop a Tier-1 diverse tech team and establish clear definition of functional excellence.
- Superior organizational skills and an affinity for detail. Able to simultaneously manage multiple, mission-critical projects and the flexibility to adapt to changing priorities.
- Strong team builder and leader. Coaching skills: ability to develop one’s direct reports.
- Strong business judgment, analytical acumen, communication and presentation skills necessary for relationship building with business leaders and teams across different levels of the organization to quickly create productive collaborations.
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills – servant leadership mindset with ability to collaborate, leading through influence across a complex, global organization to drive direction. Strong facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to explain complex technical issues in a way that non-technical people may understand