Field Service Engineer
L3 Linkabit is currently searching for a Field Service Engineer for their San Diego, California location.
The Field Service Engineer will be responsible for supporting integration, test events, and field service for customers both CONUS and OCONUS (all areas of the world) for Linkabit products. Primary responsibilities will focus on SHF satellite communications, with additional cross training for HF & VHF tactical radios, and SIGINT products (e.g. radio direction finding). When not engaged in field activities and direct customer support, the Field Service Engineer will assist the Engineering department as a Technician/Product Specialist. These activities will include regression testing, field testing, validation of features, competitive analysis, or other duties in support of new product development. This position will require the preparation of test procedures, reports, and associated technical documentation. The Field Service Engineer will also be expected to assist in the preparation of operator and maintenance documentation and training, and may provide training to others as an instructor. Will also be responsible for the proper execution of security procedures and handling of classified material.
- This role requires the following:
- Ability to integrate, perform first level test, operate, trouble-shoot at the top level, and repair electronic equipment and systems comprised of numerous subsystems (DC power, antennas, receivers, transceivers, laptops/software, Ethernet LAN's, etc.).
- Mechanical ability is required in the installation and servicing of electronic equipment mounted in vehicles.
- Requires the ability to assess the needs of a customer in difficult environments and provide field expedient solutions using methods, tools and material that is on hand.
- Demonstrated ability to interface well with external customers in person, via telephone and e-mail is critical.
- Must be well suited to working with multiple departments within the division including Engineering, Production, and the Program Office in order to satisfy customer needs.
- Current CCNP (R&S) certification or CCIE certification is preferred. In lieu of a certification, at least 3 years of progressively increased responsibility for network planning and management shall be considered.
- At least 3 years previous field service or military experience with the repair/maintenance of electronic equipment is required.
- Previous experience with the operation of SHF satellite communications or military HF/VHF radio communications is also required as is the ability to read and comprehend specifications, block diagrams, interface wiring, and software control documentation.
- Experience with writing procedures/technical materials is preferred.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication, team skills, and demonstrate sound judgment in communicating with customers and internal employees.
- Experience with the operation of SIGINT collection/processing systems is a plus.
- Experience with hands-on integration and operation of electronic equipment on military vehicular platforms (e.g. HMMWV) is preferred.
- Knowledge of radio and wireless intercept and signal processing, with experience in radio technologies and understanding of communication and networking technologies is desired.
Must be willing to travel routinely at least 50% of the time. Willingness and ability to travel globally, including to potentially hazardous locations, is required for this job, including locations outside of US Military jurisdiction. In some circumstances, travel could extend for up to 4 months at a time.
US Citizenship required . Applicants selected may be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Active secret clearance is highly desired.
For over 45 years, Linkabit employees have enjoyed the opportunity to grow their careers and make an impact as we execute our mission to be the premier communications and signal intercept solutions provider for those who protect freedom around the globe. At Linkabit, every employee has an opportunity not just for a career, but to make a difference for the customers we serve. With some of the brightest and most dedicated talent in the industry, Linkabit achieves its purpose through outstanding service, business agility, technical excellence and personal commitment, while maintaining profitable growth. We center our business around our core values of teamwork, customer satisfaction, integrity, respect, and a positive attitude.
Linkabit has an ongoing commitment to independent research and development and the creation of new technology. We offer employees a variety of challenging and meaningful projects that directly impact the business, as well as competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), at least 9 paid holidays each year, 3 weeks of paid personal time off, a 9/80 workweek (26 Fridays off a year!), undergraduate and graduate education reimbursement, and support for leadership and technical growth and development. Linkabit maintains division office locations in San Diego, CA, Melbourne, FL, Linthicum, MD and Camden, NJ, with additional L3 Technologies, Inc. locations worldwide.
Linkabit is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity to apply. Should you require a reasonable accommodation in applying for a position at Linkabit, please call 858-552-9500.