Sr. Subcontractor Administrator
In the Subcontracts Administrator role, under limited supervision of the Supply Chain Manager and close coordination with program personnel, you will be responsible for program subcontracting activities crucial to program success.
Applying a firm knowledge of procurement, project management, and legal procedures, policies and regulation, the Sr. Subcontracts Administrator aims to maintain or improve cost, schedule, and quality; and improve profitability of their assigned projects.
Major Responsibilities/Activities Statements:
- Develops and enhances relationships with suppliers; serves as the primary contact for both internal and external communications related to the project’s major subcontracts, and fosters a positive and mutually beneficial relationship with suppliers and their management.
- Drafting and negotiating subcontracts, which may include engineering design and development subcontracts, material or production subcontracts, Intellectual Property purchase agreements, Intellectual Property License agreements, Proprietary Information Agreements, Teaming Agreements, ect.
- Enforcing performance guarantees and remedies, where necessary, to maintain a high level of performance. Addresses quality and design concerns in collaboration with Quality Assurance, Program Engineering and/or Operations Engineering.
- Interfacing, stimulating, coordinating, supporting and assessing the contribution from the other company functions in terms of information necessary to finalize and manage subcontracts (i.e. SOW’s, Program Schedules. Business Strategy Plans, other).
- Managing subcontracts by ensuring an adequate flow of information among the several company functions and the Subcontractors; and, promoting, monitoring and coordinating the resolution of action items necessary to the successful execution of the assigned subcontracts.
- Monitoring financials associated with assigned subcontracts and assessing the health of the subcontracts throughout their life-cycle, taking the necessary measures to make the subcontracts a success and identifying and managing the necessary corrective actions to resolve critical issues.
- Actively works to support the development of new technologies and supplier capabilities. Initiates and supports supplier qualification when new sources are required.
- Drives cost savings and quality improvement projects.
- Review open invoices and insures timely two-way or three-way match requirements to keep all suppliers current.
- Reduces procurement cost and improves responsiveness by analyzing supply chain and commodity trends, measuring and reporting results as well as enhancing established procedures.
- Support program and company objectives/needs and other duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 10+ years professional experience in any combination of subcontract management, purchasing, supply chain management, material management, project management, legal, or engineering; with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in subcontract management.
- Comprehensive experience managing cost reimbursable (CR, CPFF, CPIF, CPAF, T&M, Labor Hour, etc) type subcontracts.
- Experience interacting with DCMA, DCAA, and other federal agencies.
- Direct experience and compliance with Truth in Negotiation Act (PL-87-653).
- Strong understanding of UCC, Terms & Conditions, financial analysis, and supplier risk mitigation.
- Strong understanding of FARS/DFARS.
- Must be independent and able to work with little direction.
- Good communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation).
- Firm understanding of procurement practices.
- Excellent people skills, with experience leading and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment.
- Extensive experience negotiating and managing major subcontracts for cost, schedule, and quality.
- Understands and clearly communicates design specifications to suppliers, including the ability to read and comprehend complex statement of work and specification documents, and drawings.
- Familiarity with quality management systems, such as ISO or AS.
- Strong computer skills including the Microsoft Suite of Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
- Strong analytical background.
- Experience working and interfacing with Suppliers, Manufacturing, Inventory Management, Quality, and Engineering.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US Govt. security clearance as required
- Experience or education with a MRP system.
- Experience with Deltek’s Costpoint system.
- 5+ years work experience in non-procurement role, such as engineering, operations tech, quality, program management.
- Experience with Earned Value Management methodology and techniques (either managing subcontracts subject to EVM or participating in reporting for prime contracts subject to EVM).
- Professional certifications from ISM, APICS, NCMA, or other organization
- Masters of Business Administration
Educational Requirements: Physical Requirements:
- BA/BS in Operations Management, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business or other related field.
(i.e. % of travel, lifting up to 20lbs., field testing)
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
L3 Advanced Systems & Technology is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity. L3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, and gender identity to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified.