Acct Director Senior - Federal Business Development
- Knowledge of respective acquisition / procurement policies
- Ability to articulate telecommunications competitors, landscape, and industry trends
- Demonstrated success winning contracts and business in the Federal market place required
- Track record of success developing business within specific agencies identified below
- Strategic planning, account management, account planning (including account profiling, account positioning strategy, customer needs analysis, sales opportunity development, service improvement planning, and long range account management strategies) and proven contract negotiation skills required
- Training in consultative sales techniques required
- Ability to use Microsoft Word to create, edit, and share routine documents; Microsoft Excel spreadsheet package to organize, tabulate, and analyze data; and Microsoft PowerPoint to develop presentations
- Possess exceptional written/verbal communications skills, presentation skills, organizational time management skills, and display a strong customer-facing, sales and marketing, and presentation skills
- Ability to articulate the requirements for technical, contractual, commercial and management responses.
- Self motivated and driven leader with a sense of urgency to stay in front of strategic opportunities.
- Ability to travel nationally & internationally to customer facilities as requiredLeads preparation of initial gate reviews and supports capture and proposal efforts throughout the opportunity lifecycle
- Penetrates target agencies/organizations as assigned and other supporting agencies/organizations to uncover longer term opportunities. Broadens and deepens existing customer relationships to gain strategic positioning, retain existing revenue, and attain additional business.
- Develops proposals for presentation to customers. Coordinates account resources with representatives from marketing, pre-sales engineering,and product management.
- Federal telecommunications, carrier, hardware or network services sales/BD experience required within the last 12 months
- 7-10 years experience working within the Federal sector, with a minimum 5 years sales/business development experience calling on Federal organizations required
- Knowledge of wireline telecommunications technologies and recurring revenue business models
- Bachelor's Degree - Business, Marketing/Sales, or similar
- TS/SCI Preferred
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Nearest Major Market:Baltimore
Job Segment:Business Development, Telecom, Telecommunications, Manager, Sales, Technology, Management