Security Clearance Requirements: Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
- Candidates must have an active TS and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph) or have an active TS/SCI and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with polygraph) clearance.
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Do you have a passion for security and working with some of Microsoft’s most critical customers? We’re looking for a Software Engineer with the right mix of technical depth, on-line services experience, collaboration skills, and passion for quality to help grow, and protect Office 365 government cloud service offerings.
Office 365 is at the center of Microsoft’s cloud first, devices first strategy as it brings together cloud versions of our most trusted communication and collaboration products like Exchange, SharePoint, and Teams with our cross-platform desktop suites and mobile apps. The Office 365 Enterprise Cloud team works with Microsoft’s largest enterprise and government customers to deliver features that meet their specific needs and enable cloud adoption. Our customers trust us with their most critical data and we honor that trust with continuous investment and improvement in the security of our services.
As a Security Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), you will work closely with other cloud and security experts across Microsoft to enable sophisticated response capabilities, proactively hunt for compromise, improve and automate processes, and contribute your experience and expertise to countless other projects that enhance the security and scalability of our cloud services. . Strong collaboration skills will be required to work closely with other engineering teams to ensure services/systems are highly stable and performant, meeting the expectations of our government customers and users.
At Microsoft, we can offer you a strong team, exciting challenges, and a fun place to work. The work environment empowers you to have a positive impact on millions of end users.
The right candidate for this job (is):
- Enjoys new technological challenges and is motivated to solve them
- Excited about making better software and continuously improving the development, integration, and deployment processes
- Smart, highly motivated, self-starter who thrives in a bottoms-up, fast-paced, highly technical environment
- Effective collaborator, experienced in creating technical partnerships across teams
- Strong comprehension of security trends and emerging threats to calculate risk and drive proper courses of action towards incident remediation.
- Unwavering passion for meeting customer demands and delivering a dial tone service
- Detect and respond to sophisticated threats with information from a wide variety of sources, and ensure similar scenarios are prevented in the future
- Analyze and improve situational awareness, monitoring coverage, and incident response capabilities
- Design, develop, and deliver the required software engineering to serve and protect O365 government clouds
- Own deployment, availability, reliability, performance and customer escalation targets for sovereign environments
- Collaborate with Engineering and Program Management partners to translate customer, business, and technical requirements into architectural designs and feature releases
- Work within a highly skilled team of engineers to deliver revolutionary improvements to the cloud and scale them
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in security investigations, threat detection & analysis, security program management, and/or incident response.
- 1+ years of engineering or systems experience
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline, or in place of 4-year degree, an equivalent industry internship or industry software engineering experience
- Strong working knowledge of security controls such as encryption, AuthN/AuthZ, PKI, HIDS, NIDS, etc.
- Experience with common forensic toolsets such as: FTK, EnCase, KANSA, RedLine, Volatility, etc.
- Experience with the Microsoft cloud and/or stack including O365, Azure, Windows or other Microsoft software/services
- Experience with security events (including large-scale breaches) and the ability to identify themes and trends out of large datasets.
- Full-stack troubleshooting skills across network, application, hardware, management fabric, and distributed services layers
- Awareness of modern security related subjects and trends such as threat hunting and modeling, digital forensics, reverse engineering, phishing, and penetration testing.
- Relevant industry certifications are a definite plus! (CISSP, Cisco, GIAC, etc.)
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to debug, fix, and optimize code
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.