This role will focus on security features and security products for GitLab. This role will specifically focus on security; if you want to work with Ruby on Rails and not security, please apply to our Backend Developer role instead.
This role will report to and collaborate directly with our CTO.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook.
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
1. Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
2. Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
3. Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
4. Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
5. Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
6. Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
7. Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
8. As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
9. Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
10. Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
Develop security products from proposal to polished end result.
Integrating 3rd party security tools into GitLab.
Key aspects of this role are focused on security products and features.
The complexity of this role will increase over time.
If you are willing to stick to working on these features for at least a year, then this role is for you.
Strong Ruby developer with security expertise or proven security interest.
Passion and interest toward security (scanning, dependencies, etc.).
Experience in using GitLab and GitLab CI.
Ability to work in European timezone.
Applicants for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that applicants can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
-Qualified applicants receive a short questionnaire from our Recruiting team
-Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with our Recruiting team
-Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 60 minute interview with our CTO
-Candidates will then be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with our VP of Engineering
-Finally, candidates may be asked to interview with the CEO
-Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.