Blockstack is looking for an experienced Android engineer to architect and build a mobile portal to the decentralized internet. This role is for experienced developers who can work with product managers and designers to build a native user interface on Android and own a fully finished product to be used by Android users at a global scale. This will be the first Android Blockstack app and a critical part of growth plans increase user accessibility.
We automate processes when possible, build and utilize repeatable tools, and are scaling rapidly. We are also an open source project, so transparency and communication are important to us.
- Define and implement engineering goals for Android development
- Build a fully functional Android app
- Optimize software for highest efficiency, uptime and performance
- Build tools for repeatable processes and lay the groundwork for a successful Android development team
You have experience architecting and developing Adnroid apps, you have built polished applications with high amounts of traffic, and you are interested in building the future decentralized web with Blockstack.
- Successful deployment of a Blockstack Android app, with full Blockstack feature set
- High rating of Android app in app store
- Increased monthly active users on Android
- Excellent Android development skills, with an emphasis on smart and secure engineering principles
- Ability to plan, architect and implement engineering initiatives
- Have built high traffic, highly available apps
- Ability to own Android development and mentor other engineers in Android practices when necessary
- Nice to have: Experience in blockchain and cryptocurrency environments
Qualities + Traits
- Passion for building the new internet for decentralized apps
- Can work independently, autonomously, and in teams
- Flexibility to implement solutions in small start-up environments
- Nice-to-Have: open source experience
We get a lot of applicants, and have historically hired people who are proactively involved in our work and mission of decentralizing the internet. We hope you explore our Whitepaper, Browser, Github, and Slack prior to submitting your resume.