Blockstack is looking for a research engineer to inform development of the Blockstack ecosystem. This person will review and experiment withsource code and whitepapers of projects in the blockchain and cryptography space with the goal of garnering a comprehensive understanding of innovations, developments and limitations of current blockchain engineering principles, languages, and protocols. This is a role for a PhD level researcher, who will be trusted to create informed assessments of technical feasibility of other projects and contribute to research and development for Blockstack.
- Integrate with the Blockstack engineering team to understand the scope of Blockstack developer API and blockchain product plans
- Research developments in the blockchain space, concisely summarizing those developments and prioritizing insights for the rest of the Blockstack team and community
- Evaluate potential design features of the STACKS blockchain and provide rigorous feedback
- Inform product and engineering decisions on the Blockstack platform via weekly reports on innovations and developments elsewhere in the blockchain space
- Communicate research work to both technical and nontechnical audiences outside of the Blockstack engineering team
- Devise architectural improvements to Blockstack’s distributed systems and blockchain architecture, and advance Blockstack’s engineering team
You have a PhD in distributed systems or cryptography, are an excellent communicator, and can collaborate across teams to inform development.
- PhD or equivalent research competency
- Expertise in distributed systems or applied cryptography
- Familiarity with various deployed blockchains
- Ability to inform communication initiatives across the Blockstack ecosystem
Qualifications and Traits:
- Desire to build a new internet with Blockstack
- Strong problem solving skills
- Thorough and highly ethical research background
- Proactive solution provider
We get a lot of applicants, and have historically hired people who are proactively involved in our work and mission of decentralizing the internet. We hope you explore our Whitepaper, Browser, Github, and Slack prior to submitting your resume.