TOGETHER WE ENTERTAIN MORE THAN 750,000 PASSENGERS A DAY WHILE IN-FLIGHT
Thales InFlyt Experience products offer end-to-end solutions that support our customers before, during and after the flight. Thales supplies in-flight entertainment and connectivity experiences to more than 60 airlines around the globe and as a trusted airline partner is committed to building its position as an industry leader. We are proud that our InFlyt Experience systems are used by over 274 million passengers a year.
We are currently looking for an Test Engineer to join Thales in Melbourne, FL. The Test Engineer is responsible for planning and supervising the efficient execution of the System IVV activities for IFEC systems. He/she assures that the appropriate means and practices are applied to guarantee the adherence to defined quality standards with minimal wasted effort or inefficiencies. The IVVQ Engineer is expected to become an expert in the way the customers use the system. This knowledge is then incorporated into the planning of all IVV activities by the IVVQ Engineer.
The IVVQ Engineer creates the required Test plans and reports, assuring that the scope of the IVV activities fully covers all aspects of the system under test, while taking all previous verification activities on comparable systems into account to optimize the test effort. She/he works closely with the Project Engineer to define the IVV approach which best suits the schedule, budget and quality requirements of the project, considering its scope and specific attributes of the system to be delivered.
During the execution phase of the IVV activities, the IVVQ Engineer works with the System Engineer to guarantee flawless execution in accordance with the test strategy, defined in the Test Plan. Depending on the size of the project and the current workload, she/he may support additional activities, particularly during integration and fix cycle phases.
- Responsible for the Planning and Execution of IVV activities
- Decides on the appropriate test strategy, modules and practices
- Finds and creates synergies between test activities for multiple programs
- Creates the Test plan and report (including generating KPIs for each release)
- Works closely with Project Engineers to agree on testing durations and project risks
- Proactively drives resolution of cross-functional dependencies for execution of the IVV plan
- Efficiently manages test resources (staff, software & hardware)
- Manages Defects / CRs/ EIRs for the customer
- Represents IVV in Final System Acceptance Tests (FSATs)
- Can act a Product Owner, defines the order in which the features will be developed. Specifies the need, gives acceptance criteria, sets the expected level of functional quality, flags any ambiguities, and validates the completed features.
- Becomes expert in programs’ software and systems, data flows, and interactions between components (including processes, services, web service calls, etc)
- Efficiently estimates and manages testing resources (staff, software & hardware)
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Computer Science or related field is required. Master’s Degree in Engineering/Computer Science is a plus
- 8+ plus years of experience in an embedded system testing environment
- Seven (7) plus years of working knowledge of integrating and testing avionics systems/systems such as computers, SATCOM and flight controls
- Five (5) plus years of experience with and developing automated tests
- Experience working with Agile methodology practices
- Strong analytical and concept design skills
- Experience with Linux OS
- Ability to communicate technical issues in an assertive and tactful manner
- Computer Literate with Microsoft Tools: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, and MS Project
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with DO-178B guidelines and/or testing of safety critical software is preferred
- Experience with SATCOM, CMU, Flight Deck interface is preferred
- Knowledge of Avionics system related to Datalink/Communication: CMU(ARINC 758, 618,622), SATCOM (AARINC 771,741) is preferred
- Knowledge of Flight Safety Data Ground (ACARS, FANS1/A; FANS2/B, ATN, AOC, ATC). Ability to interface with SP (SITA, ARINC, GDC) is preferred
- Knowledge of other avionics systems: CMC/CFDS, ATSU, Inmarsat SATCOM (ARINC 781)
- Ability to support DO-160 testing is preferred
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.