Senior Operations Associate (Cleaning)
Managed by Q is the platform for office management, helping thousands of offices nationwide run their workplace operations more seamlessly by combining technology, expertise, and high-quality service. As today’s leading companies are increasingly aware of the need for an excellent workplace experience, they are turning to Managed by Q to deliver it.
The facilities and office services industry represents a more than one trillion dollar opportunity globally, and has seen little to no innovation driven by technology prior to Managed by Q. Today, thousands of companies -- ranging from high growth start-ups to the Fortune 500 -- are using Q to discover, book, manage, and pay service providers across hundreds of service categories including cleaning, maintenance, IT, security and administrative staffing. By combining all of these services onto one frictionless platform, Q is changing the way the world works.
Founded in New York City in 2014 with a vision to build the operating system for offices, Managed by Q has been a powerful voice in the national conversation around the future of work. Heralded as the “standard bearer of good jobs in the on-demand economy,” Managed by Q has built a reputation for championing employee ownership and creating good jobs with opportunities for career growth for workers of all backgrounds. Today, Q employs over a thousand people across 5 cities and works with hundreds of small businesses, many of whom are introducing technology to their business for the first time to improve service quality and grow their bottom line.
Managed by Q is headquartered in Manhattan’s SoHo neighborhood, and has offices in San Francisco, Chicago, LA, and Boston. The company is backed by the world's leading investors including Google Ventures, RRE, Homebrew, Greycroft and Staples.
About the role:
As a Senior Associate on Q's Fulfillment Operations team, you will lead Q’s effort to support local businesses and deliver an exceptional client experience. You will manage and support your service providers in quoting, scheduling, and invoicing within Q’s Marketplace. By creating a reliable and consistent experience in these processes, you will help partners grow their businesses, and help customers run their office spaces. You are a natural builder with a love for efficiency, simplicity, and design.
- You believe that technology can help businesses operate. You understand the challenges of running a business and want to help entrepreneurs everywhere.
- You are excited by the idea of building something big, and understand the importance of executing on everything small.
- You enjoy owning the pursuit of a goal, and have the vision to make things happen.
- You have top-notch organization skills, and are comfortable juggling multiple priorities to deliver results.
- You are a people’s person, and enjoy helping others. People turn to you for advice. You seek compromises, not conflicts, but aren’t afraid to speak up for your beliefs.
- Manage the day-to-day operations in your line of business by supporting a set of Q service providers
- Oversee service provider’s messaging activity and quoting process for customer requests
- Measure and monitor the success rate and consistency of service delivery
- Manage high-value orders from end to end, including all necessary client and partner coordination
- Ensure transparent and timely invoice transactions within your line of business
- Drive process improvement to increase Q’s speed of service delivery
- Educate, train and build relationships with your dedicated service partners
- Provide feedback and suggestions to Category Managers around service offerings, partner behavior, quote trends and high-value opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-4 years of professional experience
- Previous experience in facility management, commercial relocation, IT, and/or maintenance industries strongly preferred
- Relevant project management skills are an additional plus
- Background in operations management, economics or engineering
- Experience in a fast-paced, startup environment preferred