At Xbox, our mission is to reach every gamer on the planet to play, watch, communicate, and create together. Our 16 game development studios focus on delivering great games for everyone, wherever they play—on console, PC, or mobile devices. We are responsible for developing and publishing some of the biggest game franchises in history: Age of Empires, Forza, Gears of War, Halo, Minecraft, Microsoft Solitaire, Microsoft Flight Simulator, State of Decay, and many more. In 2018-2019, we added nine new studios to bring a steady stream of new, exclusive games to our fans. We believe that play is the thing that unites everyone. When everyone plays, we all win.
In addition to our studios, the Xbox org includes a myriad of opportunities to impact the Xbox gaming ecosystem, including console, PC, web, and mobile devices. We deliver cutting edge OS and low-level functionality, client SDKs, creator tools, consumer experiences, and global scale cloud services to power everything. Work closely with game and content creators, and with gamers and consumers to create and grow our world.
We are looking for technical program managers to join our studios! You are a PM who has experience leading cross-functional teams to develop new features and invest into our foundational technologies. Relationships and teamwork are important to how you partner and work with teams to deliver their best work. You love using your technical background to bring clarity and understanding to complex technology projects, and can effectively communicate the work, timelines, and risks to any audience. Your technical skills and attention to detail enables you to drive development with predictability, surface risks/mitigations, and improve how we work to continuously improve and evolve our processes.
Depending on what your skills and interests are, our team will work with you to find the role that feels like home to you!
- Work with key stakeholders across teams to track technology initiatives, interpret requirements and build plans that you will partner with Engineering to deliver.
- Ensure teams understand goals and manage delivery through all phases of development.
- Own clean and quantitative reporting up to leadership to provide visibility for timely delivery or highlight areas of risk.
- Actively promote efforts of the team throughout the visibility, communication, and organization.
- Resolve issues regardless of team boundaries; drive for high-quality code through metrics and optimizing engineering workflows.
- Has 2+ years experience as a program manager or similar role in technology.
- Ability to interact with Engineering and support teams across the organization
- Has strong project management, organizational and communication skills.
- Able to mitigate risks and deftly adapt plans as appropriate throughout the development lifecycle.
- Experience using Office Suite and project management software (Jira, ADO, GitHub, Hansoft or Asana).
- Understands aspects of software development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Kanban or Scrum).