Manager, Operations Transformation, Financial Services Industry
Offering – What we do
Operations Transformation practitioners serve as trusted advisors to our clients, combining strategic thinking with deep industry knowledge to solve complex business problems in a team-based environment. We architect operating models and processes that enable growth, optimize capital, and maximize operational efficiency.
Industry – Who we serve
Deloitte’s Financial Services Industry consulting practice is the largest in the world, serving over 90% of Fortune 500 banking, insurance, securities, investment management, and real estate companies.
The ideal candidate will have a genuine passion for driving strategic transformation in the financial services industry combined with relationship-building, leadership, and communication skills. The ability to bring together stakeholders and persuade senior clients to act is essential.
You will lead and deliver small engagements, or components of large, complex engagements for financial services clients. Typical engagements include process improvement, operating model design, competitor benchmarking, cost transformation, customer and product innovation, and growth strategy development. Using a combination of direct management and hands-on delivery, you will craft solutions for clients, guide and oversee the quality of your team’s deliverables and recommendations and manage day-to-day stakeholder relationships. Managers will contribute to Deloitte’s thought leadership, play a significant role in business development activities, and own responsibility for the development of junior staff.
- 6+ years of strategy and/or operations transformation experience at a top-tier consulting firm OR a financial services institution
- Experience leading smaller engagements or components of large, complex strategy and/or operations transformation engagements
- Experience identifying client business issues, owning responsibility for the quality of deliverables, managing stakeholder relationships, and developing persuasive recommendations
- Track record of collaborating with financial services industry senior executives, and comfort delivering presentations to management
- Track record of building strong client relationships at large organizations, and identifying potential opportunities for business development
- Experience developing and presenting proposal responses
- Exceptional quantitative and qualitative problem-solving skills, with high capacity for solving business problems with incomplete information
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing (e.g., MS PowerPoint)
- Eagerness to mentor junior staff
- Bachelor’s degree
- Willingness to travel up to 50% (While 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Advanced degree (e.g., MBA, PhD)
- Subject matter expertise in a financial services sub-area like Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, Transaction Banking, Wholesale Banking, Cards & Payments, Wealth Management, Investment Management, Real Estate, Private Equity, Capital Markets, Insurance Products, Underwriting, Claims, Policy Administration, or Distribution
- Experience with financial services sector technology platforms and digital innovation
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.