Insurance Senior Consultant (Guidewire/DuckCreek)
Financial Services Practice - Insurance
As leaders in providing professional services to the insurance industry, Deloitte works with clients to address a range of critical issues brought on by globalization, advances in technology, regulatory changes, competition, and the changing demands of their customers.
Our national cross-functional industry group is comprised of more than 2,050 professionals, providing a spectrum of assurance and advisory, enterprise risk, tax, actuarial, regulatory, and consulting services to a broad range of insurance companies. Our clients range in size from global to middle market insurers and include life insurers, property and casualty insurers, reinsurers, and brokers.
Core Industry Solutions
Our Core Industry Solutions practice encompasses industry vertical, sector-specific solutions that leverage distinct technologies to drive operational change and automate the core of the business. Examples of the type of work we deliver to our clients include Digital CARE (Epic), Insurance CST (Guidewire), and Digital Banking Solutions (nCino). The team brings experience from across Deloitte to leverage common approaches, best practices, and strategic investments to scale these solutions by industry strategy. Professionals will focus on key client issues that are at the core of the business by integrating our industry expertise with deep technical and operational transformation capabilities.
Senior Consultants are required to have:
- 4 years of relevant consulting or industry experience.
- A minimum of 2 full life cycle implementations.
- Large Scale System Delivery Experience preferably for Policy Administration and/or Claims Systems.
- Experience estimating and planning Large Scale System Implementations.
- Experience with Guidewire, Duck Creek, Majesco or similar package required.
- At least 2 years of experience in managing at least one large Business Integration effort and project team through all phases of the project lifecycle from scoping and planning, requirements gathering, design, development, and testing.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience in custom software development projects.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% (While 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
- A Bachelors's degree or equivalent experience.
In addition, successful Senior Consultants will have the following preferred background:
- Guidewire Integration or Configuration certification.
- Experience with Camilion is preferred but not required.
- Hands-on technical expertise specifically related to Integration to complex legacy mainframe applications.
- Experience delivering via an Agile/Scrum methodology.
- A strong Java, Gosu, EJB, BPEL, UNIX background.
- Experience with Business Process Modeling (BPM) tools, Business rules integration.
- Experience with Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) technology like BEA, Sonic, IBM, Oracle
- Strong knowledge and comprehension of standards, specifications, standards bodies (e.g., XML, UDDI, JMS, Web services, etc..).
- Experience with open source technologies such as Apache ServiceMix, FuseESB, Camel, and Mule.
- Strong software development methodology understanding, and have assisted in the design, development, or testing of a technology integration project.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Eagerness to mentor junior staff.
- An advanced degree in the area of specialization.
- Strong analytical and technical skills.
From developing a stand-out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.