Program Manager - Innovation and Business Projects
OVERVIEW OF ROLE:
This role supports AMC’s Innovation and Digital groups with strategy development and project delivery. The key area of focus is growth for new digital and subscription businesses. The role reports to the VP of Innovation Programs and will work closely, daily, with functional groups across the company. Areas of responsibility include business modeling, analysis, research, and compelling communication of insights to executives through verbal and written presentation. Project management is core to the role, to support the implementation of business decisions with cross-functional teams.
The ideal candidate is someone with professional services or strategy experience (consulting, banking, startup strategy, etc.), looking to shift to a role with hands-on ownership through the full life cycle of new business initiatives. S/he is responsible for supporting executives with strategy development, creating and communicating plans for strategy delivery, and acting as a project manager for select major initiatives. S/he is comfortable working with executives and operating teams, and is able to tailor communications appropriately for each audience. The ideal candidate can prepare robust analyses, models, and/or research to support major business decisions and is also comfortable forming opinions with limited information.
- Help drive growth initiatives for new digital and subscription businesses.
- Support the Innovation and Digital groups, and AMCN business as a whole, with business analysis, strategic decision support and implementation of new business projects.
- Find areas for innovation in products, services, and business models through research, idea generation and analytical business modeling.
- Manage new projects, such as product and partnership launches, through the coordination of efforts across multiple functional groups.
- Identify areas for improvement in product, service, or internal processes, and work with stakeholders to create plans to achieve those improvements.
- Build collaborative relationships across company departments and project groups, as well as external stakeholders, and work to align parties to business goals.
- 3+ years professional experience including in a top-tier professional services or strategy role.
- Polished verbal and written presentation skills with ability to tailor communications for a wide range of audiences.
- Very high competency with Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint, or similar tools.
- Professional experience with data analysis.
- Ability to think holistically about strategic goals, and prioritize daily workflows accordingly.
- Project management experience a plus.
- Experience with subscription business models a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree a plus.