Associate Manager, Marketing
What we’re looking for
A passionate, competitive, team player, who is digitally savvy and who is… “All In.”
As an Associate Manager, Marketing you will play an integral part of a larger, best-in-class, cross-functional team. You will support your broader marketing team that is dedicated to specific shows, all with the goal of strategizing, developing and executing brand marketing strategies to cultivate and grow existing and new audiences.
The ideal candidate will be a clear, confident communicator with some marketing and/or advertising experience on the agency or brand side. We are a right brain/left brain organization driven to creativity and fueled by data. As such, this person will possess a demonstrated analytic mind-set with a passion for creativity and thinking beyond the borders of what has been done before. We look for people that are dynamic, interesting, hardworking and who love TV.
This position requires someone who is articulate both in written and verbal communication, energetic and passionate about all things marketing and advertising with an eagerness and willingness to learn and support a great team. This role reports to the Brand Director and maintains close and highly responsive relationship with the other Brand Directors, social and brand Managers, VP of Marketing as well as media agencies and show partners.KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the Brand Director, Creative Team, PR, Business Insights and media partners in helping to identify the target audience(s) for various marketing initiatives throughout the year – pre, during, post season.
- Work with the broader team in developing go-to-market strategies to reach key show audiences via paid, owned and earned channels. The channels include, TV, Print, OOH, social marketing, brand partnerships, experiential activations and digital platforms.
- Partner with the Project and Assets Director to supervise the execution of approved media plans by consistently updating and verifying specifications, flight dates, budgets, and delivery information with the media and creative agencies and vendors.
- Schedule and traffic various components of the media campaign, making sure to disseminate pertinent information, ensuring efficient workflow and timely delivery of assets.
- Monitor live campaigns and report throughout.
- Manage creative work through the AMC Business Affairs/Legal process to ensure all materials and rules are compliant with company policy and FTC guidelines.
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the competitive marketplace and overall industry reporting on the latest news, findings and trends and sharing with AMC/SundanceTV teams.
- Help manage and monitor the media budget, tracking estimate and invoices required for the budgetary approval process.
- Act as liaison with vendors and budget manager to ensure all paperwork is submitted and payments are issued in a timely manner
- Some administrative duties such as meeting scheduling, status report updating, budget guidance, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS (Required & Preferred)
- 3yrs.+ experience in a similar marketing, advertising or communications role on brand or agency side.
- Passionate about television, pop culture and tech. Entertainment experience a plus, but not mandatory.
- Self-starter who is self-motivated with strong collaboration abilities.
- Strong time and project management ability.
- Experience with social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Tumblr.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint programs.
- Experience interfacing with finance, accounting, and legal systems.
- Familiarity with traditional as well as new media production.