Technical Support Analyst
About Core Operations:
FTI Consulting’s Core Operations functions provide support to our client service professionals so they are able meet and exceed the needs of our clients. Professionals within our Marketing and Communications, Information Technology, Finance and Accounting, Human Resources, Office Infrastructure, Legal, and Real Estate teams are dedicated to working together and delivering world class support across our global community.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
The Technical Support Analyst will be joining a Technical Support team that looks after the FTI Consulting customer base. The role is best suited to a personable individual with clear communication skills and a passion for helping customers. The ability to prioritize requests based on urgency and user impact is essential. The role would be ideal for someone who has held a similar position in a professional services company.
• Incumbent acts as a Technical Support advisor to FTI Consulting staff on all information technology queries and provides state-of-the-art technical solutions in support of hardware computer and software.
• Provides mid-level support and detailed knowledge of computer software and hardware, mid-level knowledge of network operating systems, advanced PC applications, Internet services, multi-media and messaging software used in FTI
• Responsible for the process of on-boarding and off-boarding and initial training of FTI Staff
• Administration of hardware inventories and software licences
• Supporting colleagues in project administration tasks
• Create knowledge base articles to improve speed of resolution at Tier 1
• Take ownership of escalated tickets passed on from the Global Service Desk
• Log all calls in FTI’s call logging system (ServiceNow)
• Take ownership of user issues and requests and follow up the status on behalf of the customer and communicate progress in a timely manner • Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
• Provide in-house training in MS Office applications used at FTI (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
• Active Directory knowledge: Creating user accounts, reset passwords, create groups etc.
• Mid-level administration tasks – BES, MS Exchange, AirWatch, and DUO
• Blackberry and iPhone account management and provisioning
Understand the technical aspects of the job and demonstrate basic operational ability to troubleshoot and problem solve with equipment and software issues, including laptops, PCs, printers, BlackBerry’s and iPhones.
Strive to exceed the expectations and needs of customers. Make it easy to do business with IT. Earn loyalty by reducing customer effort through smart anticipatory and holistic service experience.
Focus on moving technical support from Reactive to Proactive.
Follow procedures and complete system entry accurately. Use and understand company computer systems and software programs.
• Excellent communication (written & verbal), planning, organization, and administrative skills
• Flexibility to work in a fast-paced, multi-task environment
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and stressful situations
• Ability to handle and balance multiple critical tasks at the same time
• Availability to travel with little notice.
• Able to work as part of a team as well as on their own
• Generate regular operational reports, data collation and regular documentation duties
• Equipment configuration
• Fault diagnosis and rectification
• Develop, adapt and deliver best working practices
• Logging, prioritization and escalation of IT support issues and requests
• Routine systems administration tasks – Active Directory, BES, Exchange
• Administration of hardware inventories and software licenses
• Supporting colleagues in project administration tasks
• High customer service skills
• Strong IT skills
• Ability work on own initiative and be fully autonomous
• Experience of working in a corporate IT environment
• Able to troubleshoot network issues – connectivity, performance
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010, 2016 and O365.
• Strong knowledge of Windows 7 and Windows 10
• Strong understanding of desktop and laptop hardware
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Periodic physical labor, which may include moving computer equipment and flexibility to crawl underneath desks or tables to access network jacks and electric receptacles.
• Ability to work additional hours as required.
• Ability to learn and embrace new procedures and technologies
• Broad technical experience that includes (but not limited to)
• PC Architecture, Citrix, Windows 7 and 10, MS Office 2010 and 2016
• Exposure to tablet and Smartphone devices.
• Experience supporting and maintaining VOIP telephony systems and call manager systems (Cisco)
• A good understanding of basic data and voice communications networks and systems
• Experience of Active Directory and Exchange user administration
• Experience of mobile technologies – Active Sync, Blackberry Enterprise, Air Watch, iOS, Android
• Experience of ServiceNow as an IT Service Management tool
• College degree or equivalent professional experience preferred.
• An ITIL qualification is desirable.
• A+ or Network+ certification credentials are desirable.
Personality: Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality. A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance. Mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing with internal customers, external service providers and stakeholders. Reliable, tolerant, and determined. Able to get on with others and be a team-player.
Literacy and Numeracy: Able to understand and explain metrics and quickly be able to generate metrics from existing measures. Must have a keen sense of audience.
Business Skills: Must be an excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator. Able to plan their time efficiently. The ability to work quickly and collaborate effectively with a global dispersed group of colleagues is essential.