As a Director in our People & Change group, you will be supporting projects across a variety of industry sectors including energy, industrials, healthcare, technology and financial services. As a Director, you will work in collaboration with colleagues and clients to provide tailored solutions that successfully engage employees and communicate change within organizations. You will develop in-depth knowledge of clients' objectives and challenges in order to design and implement innovative strategies to assist them through current situations and prepare them for the future.
You should be confident in an entrepreneurial environment, with the ability to establish and maintain strong client relationships, deliver high quality work, be ambitious and eager to learn, and contribute to internal practice development initiatives as well as new business activities. Periodic travel is required. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Develop communication strategies and accompanying proposals, including staffing and budgets
• Execute tactical plans and oversee the implementation work of other team members
• Support multiple client teams to deliver high-quality work focused on client needs
• Create client-ready deliverables in a timely and efficient manner
• Provide strong project management
• Identify resource needs and work with managers to assign individual responsibilities
• Manage project budgets and support administrative procedures to ensure timely and accurate delivery of client invoices
• Maintain solid relationships with clients and FTI colleagues across the FTI network
• Proactively identify opportunities to grow existing client business, as well as new client opportunities
• Actively participate in the generation of Strategic Communications new business proposals and presentations
• Continually seek ways to improve client service
• Support the development, production and marketing of thought leadership surrounding emerging trends and issues
• Take a lead role in managing and mentoring junior staff
What Are We Looking For?
• Master’s degree is a plus
• Certification in change management is a plus
• Advanced proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel and Word
• Excellent written and oral presentation skills
• Ability to think strategically and analytically
• Service-oriented attitude
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• A strong work ethic and an ability to be a self-starter
• Proven project management skills and the ability to proactively support key client relationships
• Strong time and priority management skills and an ability to effectively juggle multiple client projects
• Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, deadline-oriented dynamic environment with regular change
• A high level of integrity and sensitivity to confidential information
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications (e.g. Public Relations or Journalism) or a related field
• 7-10 years of experience in strategic communications, with at least 5 years in an internal communications, change communications, or employee engagement role, preferably in an agency setting
• 3-5 years of experience with crisis communications, M&A, merger integration or other “event-driven,” high intensity work.
• Ability to travel up to 75% at times dependent on client demands.