UX Designer (Corporate/Remote)
Delivering one-of-a-kind cloud technology, accompanied by award winning customer service, Paylocity is a software development company in a category of its own. We are a publicly traded company that offers an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) which enables employees to share in the long-term growth and future success of the company.
Poised to revolutionize the world of human capital management for hundreds of thousands of small and medium sized businesses, we are seeking the best and the brightest to help us create the future of our talent solutions – enabling our customers to better develop their employees and supervisors.
Our lean development process enables our small product oriented teams to innovate, collaborate and bring amazing features to market.
Our talent anywhere philosophy nurtures a diverse and dynamic group of colleagues with a shared mission to make great products and have fun doing it.
The User Experience Designer is an integral member of the UX organization and works directly with our product development team. S/he is responsible for closely partnering with UX front end developers, architects and product team partners by utilizing lean ux methodologies to build complex user interfaces. S/he should be a creative thinker and an expert problem solver who is passionate about enhancing the customer experience with elegant solutions. Additionally, s/he is responsible for contributing to and maintaining a comprehensive visual design system. This position requires commitment to exceptional results, a strong desire for continuous improvement, and the ability to build strong relationships within a multi-discipline team.
Are you the teammate we are looking for?
Who you are:
• Enthusiastic about user experience and designing the best software available and providing the ultimate customer experience
• An advocate for continuous improvement of our software development process
• Interested in staying current by applying new technologies and best practices
• Able to work in a collaborative environment with a willingness to share your ideas
• Able to work independently on modules and complete tasks with high quality, but unafraid to seek out suggestions from other team members
• Excited to work on cutting-edge technology!
How we work:
• Small, self-sufficient product-oriented teams with an entrepreneurial spirit organized into categories.
• Dedicated IT Operations experts committed to cutting-edge infrastructure and developer tools.
• We don’t add more folks to our teams, we add additional teams to scale.
• Casual, collaborative, agile environment which embraces and operates under our shared principles.
• Complete transparency with open, honest discussions about our progress.
• Close working relationship between executive stakeholders and product teams.
What we offer:
• Lean enabling process that focuses on putting our product teams in the best position to succeed.
• A commitment to investing in our products, hiring the best talent, and giving them.
• The chance to meaningfully contribute to a vast market opportunity.
• Annual training allowance plus a subscription to Pluralsight for all technology colleagues.
• Bachelor's degree in design, Human Computer Interaction, technology or related field or equivalent experience
• Must have at least 5+ years of hands-on experience creating engaging, multi-platform user experiences that follow a unified design language
• Focused on enriching the end-user’s experience through a collaborative creative process
• Comfortable using common creative tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Omnigraffle, Sketch, and InVision
• Proficiency in object-oriented design applied through development of state of the art interactive experiences with a focus on collaboration with designers, developers, and QA professionals
• Familiarity with Enterprise Architecture and developer environments such as ASP.NET and/or ASP.NET MVC with C#
• Working with Lean UX principles that help agile product teams succeed
• Complete with a portfolio of previous work
During the last three months, you would have:
• Helped define a consistent visual language that contributed to the Core UX Pattern library
• Created innovative design solutions that revolutionized our user-experiences
• Enjoyed a team atmosphere that extends beyond the walls of the office