Field Marketing Manager (Remote - West Coast)
GitLab is looking for a highly motivated, sales-focused field marketer to support our US West Coast Sales Team.
A successful Field Marketing Manager has strong understanding of sales-focused marketing as well as our audiences of enterprise IT leaders, IT ops practitioners, and developers. They enjoy taking charge of regional marketing programs, detailed planning, proactive communication, and flawlessly delivering memorable marketing experiences that support our sales objectives.
- Adapt digital and content marketing programs to the needs of the US West Coast Sales Team.
- Create, expand, and accelerate sales opportunities through regional and account-based marketing execution, within product-marketing defined strategy.
- Be an advocate for the sales region you support and help the rest of the marketing department understand their priorities.
- Be an advocate for the marketing department and help the sales team you support understand the marketing department's priorities.
- Swag management for sponsored events, GitLab owned events, and in support of the sales department.
- Vendor management for swag and regional marketing.
- Decision making and discretion regarding event selection and planning in support of regional sales objectives.
- Regional event strategy, decision making, and onsite management.
- Event logistics in support of the team. From helping to book space for meetings to making sure the booth is staffed, and making sure every aspect of our events are well organized.
- Past experience delivering, accelerating, and expanding sales pipeline through regional marketing.
- Strong communication skills without a fear of over communication. This role will require effective collaboration and coordination across internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to empathize with the needs and experiences of IT leaders, IT ops practicioners, and developers.
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized, and able to meet deadlines.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- A passion and strong understanding of the developer tools, IT operations tools, and/or IT security markets.
- Strong understanding of marketing to financial services companies and federal agencies.
- Experience with supporting both direct sales and channel sales teams.
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a screening call with one of our Global Recruiters.
- Candidates will complete a take-home exercise crafting an account based marketing strategy from a provided prompt, which will be sent to our Senior Director of Marketing and Sales Development.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a series of 45 minute interviews with our Field Marketing Manager, Content Marketing Manager, and Senior Product Marketing Manager
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule 45 minute interviews with our Regional Sales Director - US East Coast, Director of Federal Sales, Senior Director of Marketing and Sales Development and our CMO.
- Finally, our CEO may choose to conduct a final interview.
- Please view the compensation range for this role at the bottom of the position description.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
1. Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
2. Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
3. Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
4. Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
5. Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
6. Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
7. Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
8. As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
9. Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
10. Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.