Enterprise Operations Center Specialist III
Connecting the world to wellness
MINDBODY emerged from the simple idea that small business owners deserve the time to focus on what matters most: their customers. Our software has transformed that vision into the world's leading wellness services marketplace, linking hundreds of thousands of passionate health, wellness and beauty professionals to the millions of clients they serve.
The Enterprise Operations Center Specialist II performs Tier 2 support in the Enterprise Operations Center as a trained operator using established policies and procedures to accomplish recurring tasks and respond swiftly to outages within the production environments. This person shall be energetic, customer service oriented, and technically talented to provide support in a 24x7x365 dynamic and fast-paced environment. Monitors, controls, and reports on the performance of our core product systems. Focus being on the support of core hardware and software that support MINDBODY and its clients. The team provides visibility into incidents and problems to facilitate collaboration and resolution.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 2+ years working with hardware and application performance monitoring using multiple applications.
- 2+ years Windows server administration experience.
- Intermediate knowledge of virtualized computing concepts and operation.
- Intermediate knowledge of networking theory and infrastructure.
- Perform under pressure within a time sensitive environment while managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Able to work extended hours under considerable pressure, including holidays, night shifts and weekends, as scheduled and/or necessary.
- Creative problem solving skills with strong quantitative, analytical, and conceptual thinking skills.
- An affinity for providing exceptional customer service and continuous improvement.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or Information Technology or related technical discipline is required with 3+ years similar experience in an EOC environment.
- Must possess one of the following: MCSA Windows Server, MSCA SQL Server, MTA Server Administration, MTA Security Fundamentals or have 2 years’ relevant technical experience in Windows server administration.
- ITIL Certification a plus
- Networking, virtualization, or desktop administration certifications preferred.
- Experience with process documentation, KB and/or technical writing
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Tier 2 support for incidents assigned dedicated to restoring services to our users as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Escalation for Tier 1 support team in collaboration for incident resolution.
- Respond according to service levels to incidents through phone calls, email and alerts.
- Documents or updates operational procedures based on best practices and trains Tier 1 staff on relevant work flows.
- Monitors and manages all production systems and services, taking steps to improve performance, reliability or uptime as directed and per established policies and procedures. Analyzes trend data in order to take preemptive actions to prevent outages from occurring and allocated physical and virtual resources as necessary.
- Solves problems using established decision making trees, utilizing monitoring systems to respond to alarms or conditions that may require action to avoid impact to the customer's experience.
- Performs basic system administration duties including OS patching and upgrades, batch job monitoring, system and hardware diagnostics, and other activities to ensure optimal health and performance of all systems as required.
- Acts as a first responder to all alerts and problem reports while managing communications between departments and handling crisis documentation and dissemination after the fact.
- Assists senior level staff with operational tasks as needed, such as performing data backups and data restores, user account management, and software installation and configuration. Ensures technology and regulatory standards are implemented by maintaining records on repairs, downtime, changes, and updates.
- Participates in operational health reviews, service monitoring and notification discussions, service portfolio reviews, and ongoing process improvement assignments as needed.
- Provides excellent customer service to internal clients and communicates effectively with management, team leaders, and other team members within the department.