Associate Visual Designer
Become a member of our talented creative team within the Marketing team, where creativity and thought leadership is highly valued and there is a strong understanding of the benefits and importance of Design Thinking. Based in our San Luis Obispo office, an Associate Visual Designer is responsible for supporting our product marketing and strategic marketing efforts. As an Associate Visual Designer, you will aid in driving visual experiences and brand cohesion for a variety of initiatives across our web and mobile products through the creation of marketing print collateral, web UI, emails, event swag and various other marketing campaign communications. You should be a passionate, enthusiastic person who has skills in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Sketch. You’ll demonstrate your attention to detail and problem-solving abilities by designing assets and modifying existing ones. Associate Visual Designers are talented and driven with a passion for creating ground-breaking work. Associate Visual Designers are passionate about people, customer obsessed, and are able to collaborate across disciplines on a daily basis all while maintaining high standards for detailed execution.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- BFA / BA in Art or Graphic Design, technical certification or equivalent.
- 0-2 years experience working in product or marketing design field.
- A well-crafted and curated online portfolio.
- Embody the MINDBODY Core Values.
- An ability to take an interaction design concept and translate it into production-ready mockups, assets & icons for any platforms including desktop, web and mobile applications.
- Professional knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Sketch (or related applications) and thorough understanding of graphic design principles, including screen layout, color theory and typography as it applies to the end application and interactions.
- An intuition for best practices and tools used in user-centered interaction design.
- Experience creating designs for responsive web and/or mobile apps that are noteworthy for their design and usability.
- UX know-how (preferred, not required).
- HTML/CSS/JS knowledge (preferred, not required).
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working closely with fellow Visual Designers, UX Designers, Front-End Engineers, Art Directors and Creative Director to ensure the solidity of design systems and deliver best-in-class visual designs.
- Helping build, define and maintain a visual identity system—ensuring brand consistency across all touch-points in the customer journey through helping craft design specifications, standards, style guides, toolkits, and processes.
- Working closely with members of the product management and marketing management teams to align the product strategy with target audience needs, brand positioning, and team resources.
- Participate in the brainstorming of and creation of concepts for best-in-class user experiences.
- Takes actions that are consistent with goals and objectives.
- Learns to use professional, fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of design. Learns and applies company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues.
- Uses data to support own point of view when interacting with the team. Provides information, analysis and recommendations in support of team efforts.
- Works under general supervision to identify and analyze problems. Weighs relevance and accuracy of
- Clearly and accurately conveys information. Is an active and supportive listener. Uses questioning techniques to gain full understanding of customer needs.
- Upholds the company core values and culture.