Director, Lifecycle Marketing
As the Director, Lifecycle Marketing, you will work with both internal and external partners to drive engagement, nurture loyalty and advocacy while reducing churn and maximizing activation and revenue from software subscribers. We’re looking for someone who is going to define how we engage the right subscribers with relevant content at the right time via the right channels. Your experience includes CRM, email, push notifications, A/B testing, analytics and reporting.
Who You are:
You are a highly strategic, analytical and results-driven marketing manager who will play the critical role in building MINDBODY's engagement and retention marketing strategy. This position is responsible for developing engagement marketing from end-to-end, including working with the Corporate Communication team to develop the content strategy for the Lifecycle channel, executing and optimizing campaigns, and scaling successful results. You bring together consumer insights with channel expertise to create best-of-breed lifecycle marketing programs across email, mobile notification (in-app and push), site experiences and social for engaging and retaining consumers. You live by the mantra “test and learn” and excel at delivering measurable results.
You are excited to work in the wellness space and thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment. You are comfortable with ambiguity and proactive. You love to marry compelling content and creative messaging with data-driven insights and are highly competent with the tools and techniques required to execute analysis and communicate it to internal audiences. You actively seek new customer engagement opportunities and are able to assess and prioritize them quickly. You’re a proven high achiever and self-starter with the ability to independently deliver against strategic objectives and build business cases around new opportunities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• 8+ years of marketing experience with at least 4+ years in the SaaS environment
• 7+ years of management experience; both managing and developing a team
• 4+ years in operational engagement or retention marketing role
• Proven experience using at least two of these channels: email, push notifications, in-app, SMS and/or remarketing; familiarity with email platforms (Marketing Cloud), tracking, analytic tools (e.g. Kahuna, Google Analytics)
• Proven ability synthesizing funnel analytics, testing (such as A/B and multivariate)
• Experience in writing copy for emails, landing pages, and CTAs, designing and executing A/B tests, and drawing actionable conclusions from results.
• Excellent creativity, sense of visual design, and ability to produce compelling copy, with great attention to detail
• Experience implementing and optimizing a marketing automation platform (Marketing Cloud)
• Experience working in rapid growth environment that requires flexibility and continuous innovation
• Able to “roll up your sleeves” to do what is needed in urgent situations while maintaining a “big-picture” view
• Proven leadership skills
• Ability to manage through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Own the activation, retention, transactional and referral portions of the user funnel for in-product messaging, email, website, social media, events, and influencers
• Develop relationships with cross-functional teams including Product Marketing, Partnerships, Events, Customer Success and Sales to build process, strategy and lifecycle roadmap
• Partner with various departments to dive into client data and identify the key drop-offs in the customer journey and lifecycle communications; identify key opportunities to engage our users with targeted messaging
• Collaborate cross-functionally to improve retention, product usage and revenue strategies and campaigns to drive incremental customer response and engagement
• Work closely with the Product Marketing and Marketing Research team to translate value propositions into effective positioning and customer messaging to deliver value to customers.
• Partner with Marketing Research to map out the customer mindset and persona as it relates to where the customer is at within the various lifecycle stages
• Partner with Content Marketing and Education to map a content marketing strategy to each client lifecycle segment
• Develop revenue, retention and engagement strategies through relevant, targeted messaging and increased user engagement
• Play critical role in the migration of existing customer journeys to Salesforce Marketing Cloud
Identify areas of risk and develop plans to communicate and mitigate those risks
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
• This position is mostly stationary and will be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
• Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.