Manager III-Program Management
GPS OCX Global Information Grid Automated Information System (GGA) IPT Leadership Role
As a member of the Intelligence, Information, and Services (IIS) GPS OCX Program Management Office, this senior program manager position is responsible to lead the GGA IPT to successfully complete development, delivery, Information Assurance (IA) certification and sustainment of a Net-Centric node for automated dissemination of GPS data to a broad, enterprise-level DoD user community.
Reporting to the Deputy Program Manager, Specific responsibilities include:
- Primary customer interface for all GGA IPT technical and management activities
- Coordination across the US Air Force and the Defense Information Systems Agency for GGA activities
- Preparing and presenting GGA status to customers and Raytheon management
- Establishing GGA requirements in coordination with the GPS OCX SEIT IPT
- Development of test requirements, plans, and procedures across multiple customers
- Development, test, delivery and Information Assurance certification of the GGA
- Integration with GPS OCX Block 1,2 including support to Block 1,2 sell-off activities
- Integration between GPS OCX and authorized external, enterprise-wide GPS users
- Post-delivery leadership of GGA
- Technical management of suppliers
- Planning, scheduling and manpower forecasts necessary to accomplish GGA tasks
- Preparation of required change proposals
- Earned Value management – responsible to meet cost and schedule objectives
- Estimate at Complete (EAC) - preparation and review for responsible activities
- Staffing forecasts in coordination with IIS functional organizations and/or suppliers
- Oversight and review of program metrics pertinent to GGA
- Oversight of technical performance measures and performance assessments
- Risk and opportunity management for GGA
- Train and mentor GGA IPT staff
The GGA IPT lead must support two distinct Customer organizations; the US Air Force and the Defense Information Systems Agency. Prior experience in managing multiple, simultaneous customers is key. In addition previous experience in Information Assurance certification utilizing the Risk Management Framework is desired.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the defense and aerospace sector
- Prior program management or IPT leadership experience
- Strong EVMS and financial acumen including profit/loss experience
- Prior mixed Hardware & Software development in prime role experience
- Experience in various hardware and software development approaches – incremental integration, continuous integration, agile and/or DevOps
- Prior experience across distinct customer sets
- Level 5 Program Management certification or industry equivalent
- Current active Secret clearance required
Required Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Math, or related field
- Systems Engineering experience
- Customer experience with Air Force Space Missile Systems Center.
- Experience with Information Assurance (IA) Technology and Government certification
- Experience leading geographically dispersed teams
- Experience working with subcontractors and/or vendors
Business Unit ProfileRaytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.