Manager III-Program Management
We are actively seeking innovative minds to establish and strengthen our team to deliver high-quality state-of-the-art technology solutions for our customers.
Raytheon seeks an IT Transformation Program Manager with proven expertise managing “current state” to “future state” infrastructure with a focus migrating to a managed services approach to include ITSM transformation. Qualified individuals will be working in fast-paced enterprise-level environments requiring exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills. This is a highly visible role that will have constant interaction with key customer representatives. This role will manage complex projects, working in a matrix environment to plan, schedule and execute IT transformations for various-sized programs (infrastructure, storage, network, server and IT appliances, etc.).
This role can be based out of our Aurora, CO, Richardson, TX or Dulles, VA offices.
- Drive technology infrastructure from “current state to future state” with a focus on managed services migration and ITSM transformation
- Assist with creation of Statements of Work and support the capture/proposal process
- Manage the program teams including; Raytheon, the customer and the vendors
- Gather documentation and build and develop a delivery plan for all the work streams
- Manage all migration plans and wave event planning (i.e., run books, execution plans)
- Advise customer on potential risk, and manage customer expectations
- Continually improve the process and framework and update our migration solution
- Minimum of 10 years IT transformation program experience (assessments, migrations, consolidations, virtualization projects, etc.)
- A holistic understanding of IT infrastructure inclusive of server, storage, network, database, systems, DR/business recovery and continuity practices, etc.
- A foundational understanding of public cloud models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and providers (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Familiar with application and workload dependencies, architecture and service level requirements
- Understands application and workload move dispositions (cloud, P2V, V2V, P2P, Lift and Shift) and the methodologies around each
- Applied understanding of data center functions, technologies and interdependencies:
- Experience with using IT service management tools (e.g.; ServiceNow)
- Understanding of Asset management (experience with tools/process)
- Excellent communication, organization and writing skills are required
- Ability to create and manage budgets
- Project schedules and dependencies (Microsoft Project)
- Project monitoring and corrective action
- Communication mechanisms including project status reports and dashboards, meeting agendas and minutes and executive reports and presentations
- Execute change control, quality, risk management and communications throughout the project
- MS Project, PowerPoint, Visio and Office tools to manage plans, charts, reports and documentation, etc.
- Managed Service Modeling; High proficiency with MS Excel
- Knowledge of ServiceNow
- Must be able to travel as needed
- Current TS/SCI
- PMP certification is desired
- ITIL and ITSM knowledge and certifications desired
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
In summary, we seek a smart, energetic professional who is a self-starter and has a proven track record of finding and delivering IT programs of work, while managing teams in a fast-paced, challenging environment!
Required Education :
Bachelors degree, plus 10 years of experience; 18 years of related experience in lieu of a degree.
Business Unit ProfileRaytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.