We believe the spoken word has the power to change people’s lives. Audible has reinvented a media category, becoming a powerhouse of creative and original content. We create sensational entertainment experiences that absorb the listener and enhance the character and quality of daily life. Because nothing can inspire, provoke and challenge like a gripping story – and this could be the beginning of your Audible story.
Technical Program Manager
This opportunity is for a Technical Program Manager (TPM) within the Audible Data Engineering group. We need your help to manage projects and processes that intersect multiple teams within our Data Engineering group as well as with other technology teams and our stakeholders, especially Data Science and Business Intelligence.
Our Data Engineering team owns and develops the technology platform that offers decision makers both performance metrics and analysis as well as the self-service capability to perform independent analysis on a wide array of internal and external datasets in order to identify opportunities, trends and issues, uncover new data-science driven insights and fine-tune operations to meet business goals.
· You will play a leading role in running the delivery of large cross functional projects spanning teams and divisions in Audible and outside of Audible (Amazon teams).
· Collaborate with engineering, data science, analytical and business stakeholders across the company to define core business objectives in order to deliver the best product, program or project with the most efficient use of company resources.
· Build project plans. Identify and communicate risks, progress, launches and retrospectives across all stakeholders and teams – consistently, transparently and in a timely manner.
· Work with those same cross functional teams to lead multiple projects from concept to launch, using your influence to balance conflicting needs / priorities, while delivering the most value for Audible
· Work with technical astuteness, be detailed oriented and proactive in seeking opens in the projects and drive subsequent closure.
· Strive for continuous improvement, by establishing a new bar in performance (using objective metrics) and project execution.
HOW DOES AMAZON FIT IN?
We’re a part of Amazon (as our parent company), and we are tightly integrated with Amazon and AWS technical stacks. You’ll be exposed to and make full use of the entire spectrum of AWS technologies, especially data-focused ones like Redshift, EMR, Kinesis, Lambda, S3, etc. (and newer one likes Athena, Glue, or Quicksight which we are eager to try out or adopt). Aside from the wealth of technical expertise that we can leverage from Amazon, at Audible we also work as peers with other teams within Amazon like Prime or Kindle, sharing the same obsession for serving customers.
If you want to own and solve problems, work with a creative dynamic team, fail fast in a supportive environment whilst growing your career and working on a platform that powers enterprise wide analytics and data driven decision making, we want to hear from you.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 5+ years’ experience in technology project coordination and delivery of distributed multi-tier applications
· 2+ years’ experience managing agile software projects across multiple geographically distributed teams.
· Strong verbal, communication and presentation skills
· Prior experience managing data projects
· Strong customer focus, and ability to cut through any noise that distracts from delivering the right result for the customer
· Ability to work closely with stakeholders, engineers and leadership to drive alignment, resolve disagreements and execute projects
· Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment, independently with little supervision and deliver on time quality products
· Ability to work backwards from the desired result and plan, execute and monitor projects.
· Be detail oriented and have the ability to multi-task to ensure project success
· Strong experience in creating or redesigning, rolling out and executing organizational processes
· Adept at usage of the right project management tools such as Microsoft Excel & Project, JIRA
· Strong analytical skills and an out of the box thinker.
· Certified Scrum Master with 2+ experience in running scrums, sprint grooming & planning, and reviewing agile project metrics
· Prior experience in managing or building data warehouse, data science, or business intelligence projects
· Prior experience managing BI projects using tools such as Microstrategy or Tableau