Elastic is the company behind the Elastic Stack - Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, Elastic helps people explore and analyze their data differently using the power of search. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Elastic offers their employees benefits like:
Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
Elastic is expanding its Sales Development team to support the explosive adoption of our offerings. Companies like Netflix, Lyft, Facebook, The New York Times, and Tinder (yeah, that Tinder) are looking to Elastic to help solve their big data problems. As a Sales Development Representative (SDR), you will play a critical role in the success of our sales organization by proactively identifying, nurturing, and creating new opportunities. Unlike most Sales Development organizations, we care about the quality of the interactions you have with our users more than the quantity of calls you make in a day. At Elastic, you will work with current users to understand their use case and help them navigate their Elastic journey.
We provide office space for in-person trainings, collaboration, and team building which is used by SDRs on average of 1-2 days per week depending on tenure, team, and preference. The in-person collaboration helps our SDRs to build stronger relationships and develop in a more collaborative and supportive environment.What You Will Be Doing:
As an SDR organization, we spend most of our time finding new business to expand Elastic's presence in all market segments. Your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with sales, marketing and our partner team to develop new strategies to build our sales pipeline and grow our business
- Balance the reactive work of responding to interested users with a creative and proactive approach to identify new opportunities
- Use Salesforce, Marketo, LinkedIn, and other prospecting tools to research accounts, identify key contacts and craft targeted messaging
- Learn our technology and effectively communicate our value proposition with a technical audience. Work to understand their goals and challenges to better understand how we can help
There isn’t a cookie-cutter mold for who we hire, but there are some common qualities each member of our high-performing team possesses:
- 0-2 years of sales experience
- Open to feedback, genuinely curious and constantly looking for ways to learn and improve
- Genuine love of technology, with the ability to learn and communicate complex technical concepts - Don’t worry, we’ll give you a lot of resources!
- Not afraid to pick up the phone - this is the path to success!
- Hitting your monthly targets by being results oriented and focussed on achieving, through self discipline, creativity and passion
- Wanting to be a part of something bigger than yourself
The typical starting Total Cash Compensation range for transfers in the US in this role is between $65,900.00 - $90,600.00, which consists of a Base Salary or a Base Salary plus a Target Commission, depending on the specific role. The Base Salary offered may vary depending on factors including skills and experience.
Additionally, this role is still eligible to participate in Elastic’s equity plan as well as a range of health & wellbeing, retirement savings, and other benefits within a holistic total rewards offering. For compensation ranges outside of the US, reach out to AskHR@elastic.co
Compensation for this role is in the form of base salary plus a variable component, that together comprise the On-Target Earnings (OTE). On-Target Earnings (OTE) are based on a 70/30 pay mix (base salary / target variable).
The typical starting OTE range for new hires in this role is listed below. This range represents the lowest to highest OTE we reasonably and in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future.
An employee's position within the OTE range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, performance, and business or organizational needs.
Elastic believes that employees should have the opportunity to share in the value that we create together for our shareholders. Therefore, in addition to cash compensation, this role is currently eligible to participate in Elastic's stock program. Our total rewards package also includes a company-matched 401k with dollar-for-dollar matching up to 6% of eligible earnings, along with a range of other benefits offered with a holistic emphasis on employee well-being.
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
We welcome individuals with disabilities and strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all individuals. To request an accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org We will reply to your request within 24 business hours of submission.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision Poster; Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster and Know Your Rights (Poster)
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.