Senior Product Manager, Virtual Reality
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
Are you passionate about the travel accommodation industry? Does the prospect of innovating how travelers shop for their vacation stay excite you? Do you want to grow your strengths as a product leader by driving the vision of a new and exciting product?
The HomeAway content product team is growing. From understanding what questions travelers have as they make their shopping decisions to capturing the content from property owners and managers, the content team plays a critical role in the HomeAway marketplace. We are continuously looking at improving the traveler user experience through new content and media.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Product Manager (Content: Emerging Media) to join our product team in Austin, TX. We’re looking for a leader that will champion the adoption of emerging media such as virtual tours in our industry. You will lead a cross functional team to the deliver a vision for products and drive the HomeAway product strategy, product and business results to enable the world’s largest virtual reality based travel accommodation shopping experience.
At HomeAway, we'd expect you to:
- Develop and socialize a definitive long term strategy and short term operational & product plan for HomeAway to achieve its ambition in Virtual Reality based Vacation Rental Shopping.
- Track competitive developments in the virtual reality technology and its adoption in the travel shopping space.
- Define and execute on a product roadmap that is in sync with the product strategy. Work with the engineering team with an agile mindset and process to define and refine user stories.
- Identify and track operational, demand generation, and conversion metrics as HomeAway embraces this media format globally.
- Collaborate with product marketing and partner product to establish value proposition and drive adoption of virtual of your product.
- Work with HomeAway sales to better understand and troubleshoot the demand generation funnel. Build features needed to optimize the funnel.
- Forecast for the growth and penetration of virtual tours within the HomeAway owner base.
To succeed, you possess the following set of skills, experience and mindset:
- Growth mindset. You possess a willingness to entertain new ideas that may conflict with your existing thinking and an ability to both learn and adapt from outcomes and feedback.
- 5 years + of experience in a technology-enabled consumer facing company. Experience in multi-sided marketplace is a plus.
- Cross functional experience working with design, engineering, sales, and operations teams.
- Experience working in an agile engineering organization. Shown ability to craft and revise a plan and deliverables based on outcomes.
- Metrics driven. Ability to identify key performance metrics, report progress against them and iterate based on the what you learn.
- Working knowledge of the virtual reality space, key technology trends & key players.
- Have a macro (competition, business) and micro (engineering, operational) understanding of the product strategy to best prioritize the features that deliver the fastest business outcome.
- Finally, a ‘whole product’ mindset to product management. A realization that a product is successful when it drives business results, and not just engineering deliverables.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.