Mgr III Engineering
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) is seeking a qualified Program Engineer to join our team in support of the U.S. Air Force Sustainment and Modification of Radar Sensors (SMORS) contract. The SMORS contract provides Depot-level sustainment services, software version release delivery orders and modification delivery orders for the Missile Warning/ Missile Defense radar sensors controlled and operated by United States Strategic Command and supported by Air Force Space Command under the SMORS contract.
Key objectives are to maintain mission availability, reduce total ownership cost and enhance system capabilities to counter emerging threats. These sustainment services include the following: Life Cycle Sustainment, Program Protection, Software Version Releases, Modifications, System Engineering and Program Management. The supported sensors include Ballistic Missile Early Warning System (BMEWS) radars; Perimeter Acquisition Vehicle Entry (PAVE), Phased Array Warning System (PAWS) radars; and the Perimeter Acquisition Radar Attack Characterization System (PARCS) radar.
The Program Engineer is responsible for the cost, schedule, and execution of all engineering tasks for the SMORS program within the Mission Support and Modernization (MSM) product line portfolio.
The PE is the Engineering point of contact for the Program Manager and Engineering leadership, and is responsible for leading a team of Subject Matter Experts, driving program services and products to successful completion. The PE provides regular status reports to the Program Manager and Engineering leadership, communicating the accomplishment of program goals as they relate to cost, schedule, performance, and active risk management through effective mitigation.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Lead a 130 member team under the SMORS contract performing sustainment services for SMORS, including BMEWS radars; PAWS radars; and the PARCS radar
- Manage overall budget and schedule for program engineering tasks, working closely with the functional discipline organizations to review program execution on a periodic basis to ensure technical performance, schedule and cost are being met
- Support the development, management and execution of the Integrated Master Plan and an Integrated Master Schedule for sustainment services execute
- Ensure staffing forecasts are accurate and up to date, and work with Engineering discipline organizations to ensure appropriate staffing is assigned – local, distributed and/or suppliers
- Conduct Engineering Bid Reviews and Engineering Program Reviews
- Support Program Management Reviews for all engineering matters
- Develop and approve executable Estimates at Completion for the program in collaboration with the responsible Engineering Cost Account Managers
- Provide oversight and review all program metrics for engineering. Ensure application of Technical Performance Measures across the program as a means for measuring technical progress and assessing risk
- Support development and analysis of Program Metrics Reports
- Oversee and manage the Risks and Opportunities execution across the program, leveraging the enterprise to reduce key risks and realize opportunities
- Ensure effective Engineering management of suppliers – including Statements of Work, requirements specifications, and process compliance
- Identify and exploit synergies across programs and across the Enterprise
- Provide accurate and timely status reports to the Program and Engineering organizations
- Execute processes and procedures across the programs that ensure consistency within the organization, ensuring process compliance, including appropriate process tailoring
- Must be a US Citizen with a Current Secret Clearance.
- Bachelor Degree (Preferred Masters) with 10 years of experience as a Program Leader (Program Manager, Program Engineer, or Integrated Product Team Lead) in roles of increasing responsibility, with recent experience on a large software, hardware, or communications maintenance contract
- Project management skills including cost, schedule, risk, and opportunity assessment
- Familiarity with multiple engineering disciplines
- Working knowledge of Earned Value Management
- Executive level communication skills
- Experience establishing and maintaining working relationship with all levels of the organization, including customers, users, and other peer groups
- Experience working with suppliers in technical and/or programmatic oversight role
- Experience in Risk and Opportunity management
- Working knowledge of Integrated Product Development System
- Experience supporting BMEWS, PAVE PAWS or PARCS sensor sustainment
- Risk and Opportunity Management experience
- R6 Sigma Specialist qualified
- Project Management Professional or similar certification highly desired
- Experience as a Technical Subcontracts Manager or Program Subcontracts Manager
- Experience in all phases of program lifecycle
- Experience with software execution throughout the entire software life cycle
Required Education (including Major):
B.S. degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related scientific discipline. Preferred a Master’s degree.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia.
The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.