Meredith Digital relies on email as a critical channel for communicating with its consumers and must continually ensure a steady flow of high-quality user signups via its industry-leading sites.
The Sr. Paid Acquisition Manager is an integral part of the team driving these signups in support of the Meredith Digital email and product strategy. The Sr. Paid Acquisition Manager is responsible for helping the company achieve its user acquisition growth goals through onsite marketing and in paid channels such as paid search, display ads, and paid social. This person’s primary responsibility is to deliver user registrations and email opt-ins from these channels at an acceptable conversion rate and cost per acquisition, while optimizing the quality and quantity of registrations based on the requirements of the brands’ email, product and overall growth strategy. This person will also serve as the lead paid marketing resource across all vertically-aligned acquisition resources and will ensure sharing of best practices and optimization across efforts for all brands’ strategies.
• Delivering total expected volume of user registrations per brand, as assigned
• Meeting or beating cost per acquisition targets through paid media channels
• Optimizing the quality of registrations from all sources based on input from the vertical growth lead and other stakeholders/teams
• Collaborating with the vertical stakeholders, including product and edit and growth leads to develop effective registration-driving strategies
• Developing and implementing bid, keyword, and targeting strategies for paid media, including but not necessarily limited to: paid search, display, and paid social
• Identifying new opportunities to drive desired volume
• Monitoring of performance and ongoing maintenance of campaigns
• Tracking spend and managing up or down to budgeted amounts
• Developing creative briefs for landing pages, ad copy and other creative elements needed for campaign execution
• Ensuring delivery of creative assets needed under campaigns
• Monitoring the performance of creative assets and optimizing any and all under-performing elements
• Accurate forecasting of expected volume
• Presentations of campaign forecasts, including tradeoffs of cost/volume/quantity to email leadership
Essential Job Functions
50% Manage paid media strategy, planning, and campaign execution driving volume of registrations at or below target CPA
Manage the day-to-day operations and communications relating to acquisition marketing on assigned brands or vertical, working closely with GMs, Product Managers, Edit Leads and Growth Leads to ensure alignment on goals
25% Submit and manage creative requests for both onsite promotion and paid campaigns; manage communication and trafficking of campaign setup and execution
Work with centralized production team to setup onsite promotions to drive registration
Develop tests to optimize conversion and paid efforts
25% ~ Monitor and react to program results on a regular basis to ensure program goals are met and/or exceeded.
~ Monitor quality expectations for new registrants and opt-ins and adjust if needed
~ Provide accurate reporting of performance data, or work with BI resources to do this
~ Test system updates and new technology and provide execution suggestions for marketing tests based on available technology.
~ Stay current on competitor activities around acquisition and paid marketing
Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Experience: 5+ years
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• 5+ years of experience working in paid media in an interactive media company
• Expertise in Google AdWords, DFP, Facebook Ad Manager or other high-volume interactive ad-buying platforms
• In-depth understanding of online marketing, the web, business strategies behind acquisition, targeting and online campaign optimization.
• Strong background in marketing analytics and using data to make effective decisions
• Self-starter who can take initiative for a specific area and drive performance
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong communication skills, including the ability to distill complex campaign details into concise recommendations and options
• Degree in marketing or comparable professional experience
• Strong ability to work independently and as a team.
• Other beneficial experience: Omniture, Google Analytics, Microstrategies
% Travel Required (Approximate): Less than 10%