Job ID: 1800001467
The IT Deposits Application Support Analyst will manage the day to day application support including, ITIL Change and Release Management in the IT service environment for Synchrony Bank. Lead the IT support operations, Change and Release Management procedures to ensure they are administered with successful completion of changes or releases. During the process ensuring that the correct approval process is followed with a rigid testing regime incorporated into the process design to ensure minimal impact to the customer.
- Manage incidents, problems, changes and configurations pertaining to the Core Banking platform.
- Partner closely with functional IT teams and business owners to implement new capabilities/break fixes.
- Manage the primary systems availability and applications in a 24x7, high-availability banking environment.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology, business processes and practices to continually improve applications and systems processes.
- Support all areas of application support responsibility and ensure they are fully operational, maintaining stability, reliability, and sustainability.
- Responsible for working with our Application Development team, vendors and Release Management team to plan, implement, and test new releases into our production systems environment.
- Ensure successful and timely delivery of all project components within area of responsibility following methodologies, standards and strategies.
- Manage issue escalation problem solving and remediation from start to resolution.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or similar technical area of study
- Minimum of 5 years of IT project/program management experience within a banking or financial institution (Fiserv or Fiserv Signature preferred)
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing changes and releases for a configurable system
- Minimum 2 years of experience in software development to include all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Must be willing to work on call 24x7 rotational schedule
- Working knowledge performing system release/build management tasks OR coordinating/managing release/build management tasks
- Working knowledge of consumer banking platform, Fiserv or Fiserv Signature preferred, for various aspects of system support processes such as change management, testing cycles, system development and implementation methodologies
- Working knowledge of Change and Release Management such as ITIL
- Proven verbal and written skills specifically in the development of electronic and written materials for release management proposals, presentations, and status updates
- Demonstrated experience with time management, project prioritization and delivering on time and successfully completed project deliverables for multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven relationship building and active listening skills
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 60,000.00 - 130,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.