Job ID: 1800001295
Billions of transactions—and you’ll touch all of them if you join our IT team as a Software Engineer.
Imagine the sheer scale of what we impact every second of every day. Now imagine what you can do with that influence - this is where you can shape the future of payments.
It’s the ideal time to come aboard as a Software Engineer—we’re focused on the future and how that plays a pivotal technical role within Synchrony Financial. The ideal candidate will work on customer-facing banking native application platforms using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the latest techniques in cloud computing.
You’re the one we’re looking for if you:
- Are passionate about creating web solutions & platform enhancements that makes things easier for clients?
- Have common sense—can you think through your designs to make sure they’re the best?
- Are you a problem solver, capable of creating innovative solutions?
- Are you ready to be disruptive and interesting in the commerce space?
- Can work with product, marketing and project management as one agile team?
- Have tech chops: Software development skill are a must
- Are ready to own your own career and destiny?
We’ll depend on you to:
- Build new native application solutions/platforms and enhancements, working closely with requirements analysts, testers, and the customer in an agile development practice
- Develop functional and technical specifications from business requirements
- Help create project estimates and plans. Represent engineering team in project meetings and solution discussions
- Ensure application quality and adherence to performance requirements
- Responsible for documentation, code reuse, re-factoring and design patterns standards compliance
- Ensure high standards of availability, scalability, and extensibility of internally developed applications
- Work closely with an experienced staff comprising both Synchrony resources and/or 3rd party contractors
- Communicate the status of initiatives to stakeholders and leadership
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies while maintaining proficiency in existing technologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field, with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Information Technology OR In lieu of the Bachelor's degree, a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Information Technology
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Mobile Developer for Android, utilizing Android Studio, Java, Eclipse, or Gradle
- Experience and proficiency interacting with RESTful web services
- Experience with interfacing to 3rd party APIs for complex features and capabilities
- Strong mobile user interface design and development skills
- Experience in Test Driven Development
- Application design experience using Design Patterns, UML, component architecture, unit/functional testing, and/ or database design/tuning
- Experience in designing and developing applications using micro-services architecture and cloud based technologies
- Experience in Agile application development methodology
- Strong communication skills with technical and non-technical peers
- Published an Android app in the Google Playstore or be able to present a portfolio of relevant personal projects
- Ability to achieve results in a cross-functional matrix organization involving multiple technologies, personnel and Processes
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 60,000.00 - 130,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.