Job ID: 1800000030
The Technical Lead will provide technical expertise for development and support of Web based Contact center applications on Java and Cloud technologies. The person will support mission critical systems and project delivery that directly impacts business success. Application areas span diverse technical domains, UNIX, Midrange, middleware, and Oracle. This individual will also work directly with many vendor technical engineers
- Maintain expertise in functions, processes and systems supporting Synchrony Financial Credit Card’s Operations and Collections platforms
- Responsible for the development and support of Call Center cloud & web based applications
- Lead the AGILE team of developers for end to end implementation of projects and application support
- Lead onsite diagnosis and resolution of IT related issues using the standard diagnostic tools and techniques
- Work with Business, PMO and relevant IT teams to implement solutions using cloud and Micro-services technologies.
- Drive root cause analysis and ensure consistently high availability for the business to ensure they meet their objectives
- Review SDLC artifacts and provide input for IT requirements, estimates, design, code and release plans.
- Develop and implement best practices for SDLC.
- Responsible for documentation, code reuse, re-factoring and design patterns standards compliance
- Ensure high standards of availability, scalability, and extensibility of internally developed applications
- • Work closely with an experienced staff comprising both Synchrony resources and/or 3rd party contractors
- Identify new opportunities to drive system improvements and simplifications.
- Ensure compliance with security, architecture, and technology standards.
- Work with infrastructure and business teams to support planned maintenance activities.
- Work with vulnerability management to ensure application and system vulnerabilities are being addressed.
- Ensure systems and applications are current through LCM and upgrade activities.
- Work a 24x7 on call rotational schedule.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field and minimum 3 years of IT experience OR in lieu of degree High School Diploma or GED and minimum 6 years of IT experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with web-based technologies with at least 2 years of experience in developing and supporting Java based systems on UNIX/LINUX environments
Minimum 3 years experience and proficiency in developing RESTful web services, Java/Kotlin
- Minimum 2 years of Oracle database experience
- Experience with Java, spring and Boot
- Experience with SDLC processes (waterfall and Agile) and release management processes
- Good working experience on Cloud technologies (preferably in Pivotal Cloud Foundry) and Micro-services
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to influence clients, team members, management and external groups
- Demonstrated experience working on all phases of complex work
- Proven experience working within a large matrix environment and within a large team
- Previous Consumer Finance experience, or other credit card processing experience
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.