AVP, IT Lead Systems Engineer, App Servicing (L11) - Timonium, MD
Job ID: 1800000030
This role is based in the greater Baltimore area.
The Technical Lead will provide leadership and technical expertise for development and support of Web based Contact center applications on Java and Cloud technologies. The person will support mission critical systems and project delivery that directly impacts business success. Application areas span diverse technical domains, UNIX, Midrange, middleware, and Oracle. This individual will also work directly with many vendor technical engineers
This role will be based in our newest Innovation Station in Baltimore, MD. Synchrony Financial Innovation Stations are the hotbed of innovation and thought leadership throughout the company, with cross-functional teams focused on developing new products, agile development, and innovation practices.
- Maintain expertise in functions, processes and systems supporting Retail Finance Credit Card’s Operations and Collections platforms
- Responsible for the development and support of Call Center cloud & web based applications
- Work with Business, PMO and relevant IT teams to implement solutions for cloud, Micro-services and web projects
- Drive root cause analysis and ensure consistently high availability for the business to ensure they meet their objectives.
- Evangelize and communicate product vision and capabilities to internal and external customers at all levels.
- Implement best practices for Scrum Agile development.
- Identify new opportunities to drive system improvements and simplifications through innovation station for enterprise operations servicing applications.
- Ensure systems and applications are current through LCM and upgrade activities.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Engineering 2+ years of IT experience or related field with 4+ years of IT experience.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with web-based technologies.
- At least 2 years of experience in developing and supporting Java based systems on UNIX/LINUX environments.
- Minimum 2 years of Oracle database experience.
- Good understanding of SDLC processes (waterfall and Agile) and release management processes.
- Willing to work flexible shift timings to be able to respond to emergencies
- Strong business acumen
- Good working experience on Cloud technologies (preferably in Pivotal Cloud Foundry) and Micro-services
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to influence clients, team members, management and external groups
- Ability to work on all phases of complex work
- Self-motivated and able to work independently or in a team environment
- Previous Consumer Finance experience, or other credit card processing experience
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.