Chainalysis offers cryptocurrency investigation and compliance solutions to global law enforcement agencies, regulators, and businesses as they work together to fight illicit cryptocurrency activity. They are a mission-driven company inspired by the future of cryptocurrencies and the desire to make the world a safer place. Chainalysis does this by tracking and preventing crimes like money laundering, trafficking of drugs, arms, and people, ransomware, terrorism and more that use cryptocurrency as their mechanism for funding. Chainalysis offers their employees benefits like:
The Communications team at Chainalysis is made up of public relations experts, trained economists, and skilled writers who leverage data-driven insights to demonstrate that Chainalysis knows the most about what’s happening on blockchains. We’re vibrant storytellers who produce cutting-edge original research that has been featured in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Financial Times, Reuters, CNBC, Bloomberg, and more.
The APAC Communications Manager is an expert on the media landscape and influencers in the APAC markets (mainly Singapore, South Korea, Japan, Australia & New Zealand). This person will work cross-functionally with Communications (which includes PR, Content, Research and Social Media), APAC Sales and Field Marketing, Analyst Relations, Brand and Campaigns to drive awareness of Chainalysis as well as brand engagement and crypto enthusiasm. The APAC Communications Manager will also work with our regional leadership team and spokespeople across functions to elevate their profiles. This person will drive awareness by showcasing Chainalysis as a thought leader in the crypto technology and blockchain environment, sharing insights from our data-driven research and content, demonstrating our passion for building trust in crypto, promoting our customers’ success, and engaging on issues important to our audience including policy, cyber security, and more. We measure comms success by the overall level of awareness and engagement amongst key media and influencers.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if…
- You’ve developed and rolled out an APAC Communications strategy that aligns with the overall marketing and comms goals and applies to our core markets in APAC (Singapore, South-Korea, Japan, Australia & New Zealand).
- You’ve developed and managed tailored proactive storytelling activities - either news-driven or as part of evergreen thought leadership programs - covering our research, customer stories, market intel, as well as Chainalysis’ products & services.
- You’ve partnered with the comms and marketing team members when it comes to messaging, campaigns, target groups and persona, and adjusted our APAC comms strategy accordingly if needed.
- You’ve partnered with our global PR agency team and their regional/local teams on the ground, in order to manage and lead on regional/local media inbound and proactive storytelling.
- The engagement rate with regional top media and influencers is constantly high and the relationships with key media is on a very advanced and tight level.
- You’ve delivered quantifiable results of your APAC comms activities and supported the strategic adjustment of PR budgets in the APAC regions.
- You’ve partnered with regional and local field marketing and events teams in order to plan and manage PR activities, working in lockstep with the Social Media Manager.
- You’ve partnered with the customer success and customer marketing teams to showcase the success of our customers and partners in the APAC comms activities.
- You’ve partnered with the regional (sales) leadership team and frequently shared activities, success and progress, and established your role as comms advisor.
- You’ve elevated the profiles of key executives and spokespeople amongst APAC key publications.
- You’ve supported regular messaging and media training sessions for your regional and local spokespersons in the region.
A background like this helps:
- You’ve managed APAC communications activities over several years, and gathered knowledge about the different media landscapes and requirements, as well as cultural differences in the overall region.
- You’ve built up strong media relationships amongst business press and broadcast, as well as trade publications.
- You’ve worked with regional/local/global PR agencies.
- You’ve been living and breathing in a tech environment and you know what success looks like when building a brand within a highly innovative industry.
- You’ve worked with global teams before and have familiarity with cultural nuances and requirements.
- You’ve worked with key executives and leadership team members, internal stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts, in order to support building their profiles as well as managing regional/local press activities on the ground.
- You’ve worked at a high-growth company.
- You feel empowered by ambiguity and enjoy creating value from seemingly unsolvable problems and unassigned opportunities.
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant’s Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
Applying from the EU? Please review our Candidate GDPR Notice.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - USA
All employees are required to have or obtain a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment at Chainalysis, unless an exemption has been approved. All employees shall be required to report their vaccine status. All new employees shall be required to provide proof of their vaccination status prior to the start of their employment.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - EMEA
As an employer, Chainalysis is obliged to ensure a healthy and safe working environment. This means that we must try to prevent the coronavirus from spreading inside the workplace and all employees are obliged to follow the local regulations issued by the relevant health authorities.
- To help support a safe work environment, we encourage all employees in EMEA to get fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Employees will not be required to attend an event or in-person customer meeting.
- Employees in the EU and the UK are allowed to travel internationally for internal meetings to any country deemed “green or amber” by the EU and the UK authorities. All attendees for Chainalysis in-person events or meetings will be required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- International travel will only be permitted if you receive approval from both your manager and Executive Leader
- You must familiarize yourself and comply with any screening/safety protocols imposed by the entity/individual hosting the in-person meeting or event
- You must comply with any and all safety guidelines and travel restrictions established by applicable law
- If you are in close or proximate contact with others at the event/customer site and test positive for COVID-19, you must immediately notify the People Team and avoid contact with others for 10 days
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - APAC
With circumstances changing on a regular basis and parts of our APAC team going in and out of mandatory lockdown, APAC will continue to follow country legislation and guidelines.